• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is there a set points system for gmp and sqf audits?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

irheavyd

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 July 2024 - 10:52 PM

Is there a set point system for gmp audits, sqf audits, etc.?  How does that work?

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,792 posts
  • 1160 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 20 July 2024 - 03:46 PM

I beleive that each type of audit (SQF, BRC, IFS, GMP, Private Business, etc) has their own point/grade/scoring system.

For instance I did cross country 2nd party food safety inspections for SuperValu private brands. The audits had max of 100 points and minors beiing 1 poiint, majors being 25 points and Criticals being 50 points with a fail break at 70 points.

Interesting enough years prior when I inspected Hilton, Sheraton, Ramada, Marriott, and Howard Johnson their system was the same - with up to 5 bonus points for great housekeeping.

Points are tied to grades - ours were A down to 90; B down to 80, C down to 71.

I did a food factory audit for SuperValu once that got a whopping 5 points -- that was an epic failure... never ate that butter brand again.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

CONSULTANT

https://glennoster.website3.me/

https://t.me/MVIDigitalWarrior

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,307 posts
  • 1314 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 21 July 2024 - 05:11 AM

Hi irheavyd,

SQF Audit scores are based on the evidence collected by the SQF food safety auditor, each applicable clause of the SQF certification food safety audit is scored in the audit report. Scoring is by deduction from a total of 100:

0 - meets the criteria

1 - minor non-conformance

5 - major non-conformance

50 - critical non-conformance

Attached File  SQF Audit Score.png   479.18KB   0 downloads

See attached image, with further details of the scoring. The rating provides an indication of the overall condition of your site against the SQF Food Safety Code and provides a guideline on the required level of surveillance by the certification body.

Also note that SQF provide a checklist in Excel format that lists all the clauses/requirements which you can use to assess your system prior to a certification audit or for guidance for internal audits.

Attached File  SQF Checklist Image.png   527.9KB   0 downloads

For GMP audits/inspections I like to use a scoring system of 1 - 3  or 1 - 5 where you assess each area and have a total score at the end of the audit. The higher the score, the better the audit and scores can be used to compare areas but also for trend analysis/monitoring improvement. See example below:

Attached File  Sample H&H Audit Factory GMP Audit Completed 1.jpg   193.49KB   0 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users