What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Assistance for flavored confection labeling

Started by , Yesterday, 04:12 PM
4 Replies

My company is making a confection that uses a natural peppermint flavor which does not contain any actual peppermint. I am struggling on a the proper way to label it on the package.

I am thinking "peppermint flavored" and then add "artificially flavored peppermint" comment but because there are no artificial ingredients in product of flavor, I feel it is misleading.

Another addition could be "naturally flavored with other natural flavors", but would that lead consumers to believe it contains true peppermint?

Thank you for your help

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is it preferred to contact a consultant for assistance in transitioning to ISO 22000:2018? Need to undergo an annual GFSI Benchmarked Audit and need assistance What type of legal assistance do you use for your consulting services? Looking for assistance re: Raw Material Code... Seeking assistance Accel.Shelf Life Test Mozzarella Cheese
[Ad]

I would go with "Peppermint flavored". If it does not contain actual peppermint, wouldn't it be artificial anyway?

Truth is always a good thing - it's fake it's fake, and there is nothing natural about artificial.

Yep, and the ingredients list will reveal the reality anyway. 

https://www.accessda...h.cfm?fr=101.22

(ii) If none of the natural flavor used in the food is derived from the product whose flavor is simulated, the food in which the flavor is used shall be labeled either with the flavor of the product from which the flavor is derived or as "artificially flavored."

Similar Discussion Topics
Is it preferred to contact a consultant for assistance in transitioning to ISO 22000:2018? Need to undergo an annual GFSI Benchmarked Audit and need assistance What type of legal assistance do you use for your consulting services? Looking for assistance re: Raw Material Code... Seeking assistance Accel.Shelf Life Test Mozzarella Cheese Looking for assistance to interpret ATP swab results Need Assistance Finding Hot Fill Equipment for QA Testing Assistance with Allergen Validation Test that came back positive Assistance with "Organic" label claim Just want to ask assistance in preparing ISO 22000