What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New Supplier and NFP Changes

Started by , Yesterday, 07:34 PM
1 Reply

Hi all,

I am looking at the relationship between UPC/GTIN (gs1.org) and nutritional facts panel changes due to new supplier of ingredients. Through the approved supplier program for matching existing ingredients, we ensure all major food safety concerns are addressed as well as allergens. 

However, I am looking for direction and support for 3 main areas of changes:

1.) Addition and/or Removal of some "sub" ingredients

Example:

Old Supplier Ingredient Candy(sugar, brown sugar, oil, salt)

New Supplier Ingredient Candy(sugar, oil, salt)

2.) NFP Changes due to differences in Nutrients from one supplier to the next (same ingredients and order of predominance)

Example:

Old Supplier: Sodium 50mg

New Supplier: Sodium 150mg

3.) Same ingredient, completely different sub ingredients

Remaining compliant is goal number one. I understand the "20%" rules with nutrients. But, if they fall out of this, is it a simple packaging change or are there more significant requirements around UPC changes?

I appreciate all help!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Supplier Quality SOP - Requirement for communication timeframe Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Supplier Controls Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements
[Ad]

The UPC is for the product, regardless of formulation

So , if your NFP needs to be updated, that plus ingredients would be all that you'd change on the packaging

THEN you may need to have new images taken of the new packaging BUT the UPC would not change, nor would your GTIN for the shipping unit

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Supplier Quality SOP - Requirement for communication timeframe Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Supplier Controls Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Supplier Approval Program- Storage/Pick and Pack on behalf customers (suppliers) Supplier Facility Visits Supplier Audit for Gummy Manufacturer Supplier Verification Supplier Approval Requirements in the Meat Industry?