• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted Yesterday, 12:07 AM

HI,

As crazy as it sounds, I have not received a training and trying to improve on my own volition, hence I won't be talking much about my location.

From my reading I understand that border control tests food incoming to UK and food business operator is not obligated to further test, but has to make sure public is sufficiently protected - I assume it should be based on HACCP and requires testing as part of it.

We have an external verification program on imported products: micro[ie salmonella, TVC], pesticides, mycotoxins...more

Is there any document describing min requirements for validation and verification of imported goods?

For starter are there any concise materials I can study about intake of raw materials, scheduled potting & process  water testing, ATP testing, end of life testing?

I want to improve myself doing stuff well and move out ASAP.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,288 posts
  • 1307 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted Today, 03:24 AM

Hi kUKoo,

I would normally refer to the FSA for such information:

https://www.food.gov...o-great-britain

For Example:

Information on high-risk products, country of origin and the frequency of checks can be found in assimilated Regulation (EU) 2019/1793 as amended. This Regulation controls imported HRFNAO.

Products that are controlled at the border, may be permitted, with agreement of the port health authority, to move inland pending the results of laboratory tests. However, arrangements must be put in place to ensure that the consignment remains under the continuous control of the competent authorities and cannot be tampered with in any manner pending the results of the laboratory checks.

Until the results of the laboratory checks are known, the consignment must be stored at a Customs-controlled warehouse or a UK External Temporary Storage Facility (ETSF). If you have any questions/queries, please email imported.food@food.gov.uk.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users