What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Make-Up Air Unit Filtration

Started by , Jul 12 2024 07:11 PM
1 Reply

If anyone can help, please. We are having issues with our make-up air unit, and our maintenance guy is pointing fingers at the filters. We are also looking at adding another one and we want to make sure we are doing it right. 

Through all of my reading, I have determined that we need at least a Merv 11, if not more, filter. This system is blowing outside air back into our oven room where finished, RTE product is stored open overnight. 

I would be happy to use a lesser filter if it is food safety is not a concern, they are certainly more affordable and I could stop having this conversation with maintenance. 

Does anyone have experience with MAU that can help steer me in either direction? I am not all that familiar with HVAC. 

Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can we make Technical exciting?! You couldn’t make it up… Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise? How to make a Quality Manual? Measures to make workers more comfortable in hot weather
[Ad]

They function similarly to a heating/cooling system on your home

I think given that it's only pulling in outside ambient air a Merv 11 filter seems sufficient to me

Assuming your FG have a relatively short shelf life anyway, so any risk of yeast/mold wouldn't be impacted by the MUA 

Similar Discussion Topics
How can we make Technical exciting?! You couldn’t make it up… Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise? How to make a Quality Manual? Measures to make workers more comfortable in hot weather How to make a traceability presentation for household manufactured items traded to end consumer? Doubt about tapes to make splices in plastic film for packaging Company to make customized hold tags Bug found in 50lb bag of rice...does rinsing and cooking make the rice edible? How to make packaging auditor course assignments