• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 05 July 2024 - 02:51 PM

Hi everyone, 

We are BRC Gluten free certifcated company. . Can we make a new product which is not in scope without  getting a new audit ? This product will be still under the same category but different product which is not in scope on the cert.

Many thanks in advance.

Leonard C Mapiye

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 July 2024 - 02:02 AM

Hello Melissa,

I hope you are doing well. BRCGS for Gluten-Free certification is pretty much straight forward. Do you have a copy of the standard and excel checklist? All you need is to work with your CB to update your Schedule A and add product details, copy of the label etc. I encourage you to use your BRC contact and they are very efficient. You can add the new product to your program and it wont take time from my experience maybe one week or 2 latest. Try to do it right the first time so that you don't run into hurdles.

Thanks,

Leo

Regards,

Leo

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 599 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 July 2024 - 09:46 PM

Hi everyone, 

We are BRC Gluten free certifcated company. . Can we make a new product which is not in scope without  getting a new audit ? This product will be still under the same category but different product which is not in scope on the cert.

Many thanks in advance.

Do you intend to make sales or labeling claims that it is certified gluten free or produced in a BRC certified or BRC Gluten Free certified facility? Or does this new product contain gluten or any high-risk gluten-related ingredients?

You generally have more latitude if you're not making claims on the new product, or introducing new risks to the pre-existing certified product.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users