What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SSOP Access to Plant Employees

Started by , Jun 19 2024 10:03 AM
3 Replies

Hi All,

I was wondering how you give access to your policies, procedures, and SSOPs to plant employees? Do you use binders at their machines? Do you post signage? Do you use all electronic? Trying to come up with the most efficient method and most easily accessible system for our plant.

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Organic Cleaning SSOP Help with understanding SSOP form 9CFR416.12(a) SSOP for Reconditioning Packages or WIP Please help my understanding of PRP's, CCP's. SSOP, GMP's etc.? Feedback on a Drain Cleaning SSOP
[Ad]

Hi All,

I was wondering how you give access to your policies, procedures, and SSOPs to plant employees? Do you use binders at their machines? Do you post signage? Do you use all electronic? Trying to come up with the most efficient method and most easily accessible system for our plant.

Thanks!

Depends on the document. 

Mostly electronic. Any manager/supervisor with a computer log-in has access (no editing rights). 

We do have a binder in the QC office. This is mainly for the USDA inspectors (they like paper versions). 

Employees do get the GMP policy and sign they understand. 

LOTO procedures are laminated and with the LOTO boxes in the production rooms. 

I try and avoid a ton of paper documents for certain documents. The issue being - policies/procedures change. We ran into this problem when another director laminated a policy that did change and the auditor caught it. 

We post work instructions that are laminated (key ring attached to machinery or desk)

They are just the steps to do the tasks with none of the SSOP/SOP fluff ---all the employees need are the basic instructions on the floor (IMO)

1 Like1 Thank

I've done it a few different ways. I do suggest if you have electronic access, to either "lock" the document for editing, or save a PDF version for employee access. If they're allowed to print copies, I suggest having a footnote that either prints the print date and time or states it's an uncontrolled copy.

Each shift/area supervisor has their own binder with all relevant procedures/SOPs. Managers may have a physical copy of the entire FSM. I like using those plastic sheet protectors because it keeps the pages from being easily torn out or getting dirty. 

I've also done laminated sheets with basic instructions or reminders posted out at the machine or on the floor. It would either be mounted with a magnet sheet, adhesive strip, or key/binder ring. They were signed and dated by myself or another manager and had the document #'s if anyone wanted to look at the "official" procedure. Like Scampi said, simple is better for folks who don't care about the fluff.

Just don't forget to address the different ways employees have access to this info in your document control policy/program. I've never gotten slack from an auditor as long as the program stated it was allowed. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Organic Cleaning SSOP Help with understanding SSOP form 9CFR416.12(a) SSOP for Reconditioning Packages or WIP Please help my understanding of PRP's, CCP's. SSOP, GMP's etc.? Feedback on a Drain Cleaning SSOP Dry cleaning SSOP for spice filling equipment Packaging Manufacturer SSOP requirements SSOP's and Cleaning Checklists Food Packaging - Cleaning Checklists / SSOP GMP's and SSOP's -- need help