What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Customer Complaints

Started by , Jun 17 2024 04:46 PM
4 Replies

New to this Forum, 

Currently an FSQA manager in Vineland NJ. We are SQF and now Yum Brand Certified. In that respect I having an issue with how to document customer complaints that are reoccurring in my system currently using iFoods. Currently my biggest complaint is Romaine and Shredded Iceberg. It's and on going issue and will never go away as my customer service team will submit a complaint even if its just one bag of poor quality lettuce out of a massive order of 2,000 boxes due to our relationship with one of our vendors.

The Normal response isn't suffice for Yum they want a full on investigation and evidence to back up it which is fine. My issue is that documenting all of these for one bag on lettuce seems a little excessive is their away around this how can I group this together ?  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to handle customer complaint Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer
[Ad]

I know others may very well jump on me for saying thus, but talking about 1 out of 2000 to cause so much work...  my first thought it - pull it out, waste it and dump it. That was easy . 

What actual % of sales are your complaints for this issue?  

Is this an area where there could be process improvements?

Can't you give them a "stock" investigation and CA that covers they usual complaint issue?

As Scampi said above, what % of sales are these complaints?  Once you know that and if it fairly insignificant, maybe put in to your program that complaints that are under a certain percentage of sales a year will not be investigated as they are considered one off due to the nature of customer satisfaction or something like that.

Use to be at very large bakery and there was always a one off spoiled product (molding generally due to mishandling).  We reimbursed the customer for it by issuing a free package on us.  For retailers we would always look at the % of sales and had a written policy that stated this that we would forward to the retailer.  It basically said sorry an due to the a % of defect allowed given the nature of the product quality defects are expected from time to time.  We still recorded the information for trending purposes which we also included in the policy statement.  

One offs can show a history overtime that you can use for process improvements, however a full CAPA and investigation is not needed until said trending is showing something more actionable.  

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
How to handle customer complaint Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims How to respond customer complaint regarding pH out of spec Allergen testing of the product due to a customer complaint