• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 June 2024 - 04:46 PM

New to this Forum, 

Currently an FSQA manager in Vineland NJ. We are SQF and now Yum Brand Certified. In that respect I having an issue with how to document customer complaints that are reoccurring in my system currently using iFoods. Currently my biggest complaint is Romaine and Shredded Iceberg. It's and on going issue and will never go away as my customer service team will submit a complaint even if its just one bag of poor quality lettuce out of a massive order of 2,000 boxes due to our relationship with one of our vendors.

The Normal response isn't suffice for Yum they want a full on investigation and evidence to back up it which is fine. My issue is that documenting all of these for one bag on lettuce seems a little excessive is their away around this how can I group this together ?  

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,770 posts
  • 1157 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 17 June 2024 - 05:09 PM

I know others may very well jump on me for saying thus, but talking about 1 out of 2000 to cause so much work...  my first thought it - pull it out, waste it and dump it. That was easy . 

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

CONSULTANT

https://t.me/MVIDigitalWarrior

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,622 posts
  • 1538 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 June 2024 - 08:21 PM

What actual % of sales are your complaints for this issue?  

Is this an area where there could be process improvements?

Can't you give them a "stock" investigation and CA that covers they usual complaint issue?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 406 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 18 June 2024 - 01:07 PM

As Scampi said above, what % of sales are these complaints?  Once you know that and if it fairly insignificant, maybe put in to your program that complaints that are under a certain percentage of sales a year will not be investigated as they are considered one off due to the nature of customer satisfaction or something like that.

nwilson

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 57 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 June 2024 - 03:40 PM

Use to be at very large bakery and there was always a one off spoiled product (molding generally due to mishandling).  We reimbursed the customer for it by issuing a free package on us.  For retailers we would always look at the % of sales and had a written policy that stated this that we would forward to the retailer.  It basically said sorry an due to the a % of defect allowed given the nature of the product quality defects are expected from time to time.  We still recorded the information for trending purposes which we also included in the policy statement.  

One offs can show a history overtime that you can use for process improvements, however a full CAPA and investigation is not needed until said trending is showing something more actionable.  

• G M likes this

:coffee:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users