• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2024 - 10:12 AM

Hello,

We recently had audit & auditor asked us to update our HACCP plan with exact corrective actions for pasteurization failure. I have come up with below. 

If verification shows it is non-conforming, immediately cool down to below 7 degrees & re-pasteurize. 

If re-pasteurization is not possible or cooling exceeds 45 minutes, dispose of the mix.

Non-conforming procedure must be followed.

We do batch pasteurization of mix in a tank, followed by cooling through PHE & transfer into aging tanks. 

I am not sure in saying 45 minutes. it is just based on our process. It takes this much time to empty the tank through PHE. 

Does it look right? or any Suggestions? 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,622 posts
  • 1538 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 June 2024 - 12:24 PM

What is your corrective actions?  I would include something about finding the root cause of the failure BEFORE you try and re-pasteurize 

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

HackneyGelato

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2024 - 08:31 AM

What is your corrective actions?  I would include something about finding the root cause of the failure BEFORE you try and re-pasteurize 

Our previous corrective action was to keep product on hold & follow non conforming product procedure. However, Auditor was not happy with this. As Time is off essence, he asked to describe what exactly we will do. 

We have planned to include above (mentioned in post) corrective action. Thanks for your suggestions, Do you think it should be done in certain time limit if temperature is above certain degrees? 

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CCP, Ice cream manufacturing, Corrective actions, Pasteurization

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users