What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier Facility Visits

Started by , Jun 12 2024 08:51 PM

It is not yet required to perform supplier audits.  The need to perform a supplier audit/facility visit would be based on your risk and supplier approval program.  

Having said that, in my past I did do some facility visits in a past job.  It was not required based on our programs and risk assessment, but I still documented what I looked through, what I noticed, and what I discussed during those visits.  If it is not documented, it didn't happen.  I worked there for 6 years and only once was asked to see a report from a SQF auditor.

1 Reply

Now that suppliers/manufacturing places that process and make food are open to the public again after Covid. Are facility visits required under the SQF system? And how would I document a visit so that the auditor can know we have approved a site before adding them to the Approved Supplier Program. I know it is required to do supplier audits, could I add a report when I do facility visits? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Costco FSVP requirement - Supplier Approval Supplier SQF Requirements? What steps should be taken when a supplier refuses to complete SCARs and provide disposal guidance? Supplier Audit for Gummy Manufacturer High risk supplier approval
[Ad]

It is not yet required to perform supplier audits.  The need to perform a supplier audit/facility visit would be based on your risk and supplier approval program.  

Having said that, in my past I did do some facility visits in a past job.  It was not required based on our programs and risk assessment, but I still documented what I looked through, what I noticed, and what I discussed during those visits.  If it is not documented, it didn't happen.  I worked there for 6 years and only once was asked to see a report from a SQF auditor.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Costco FSVP requirement - Supplier Approval Supplier SQF Requirements? What steps should be taken when a supplier refuses to complete SCARs and provide disposal guidance? Supplier Audit for Gummy Manufacturer High risk supplier approval Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Approving farm supplier for dried ginseng root New Supplier and NFP Changes Supplier Quality SOP - Requirement for communication timeframe Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System?