• Quick Navigation
Photo

Supplier Facility Visits

Share this

Best Answer , 13 June 2024 - 11:13 AM

It is not yet required to perform supplier audits.  The need to perform a supplier audit/facility visit would be based on your risk and supplier approval program.  

Having said that, in my past I did do some facility visits in a past job.  It was not required based on our programs and risk assessment, but I still documented what I looked through, what I noticed, and what I discussed during those visits.  If it is not documented, it didn't happen.  I worked there for 6 years and only once was asked to see a report from a SQF auditor.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

MWhitehorse

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 12 June 2024 - 08:51 PM

Now that suppliers/manufacturing places that process and make food are open to the public again after Covid. Are facility visits required under the SQF system? And how would I document a visit so that the auditor can know we have approved a site before adding them to the Approved Supplier Program. I know it is required to do supplier audits, could I add a report when I do facility visits? 

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 410 posts
  • 95 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 13 June 2024 - 11:13 AM   Best Answer

It is not yet required to perform supplier audits.  The need to perform a supplier audit/facility visit would be based on your risk and supplier approval program.  

Having said that, in my past I did do some facility visits in a past job.  It was not required based on our programs and risk assessment, but I still documented what I looked through, what I noticed, and what I discussed during those visits.  If it is not documented, it didn't happen.  I worked there for 6 years and only once was asked to see a report from a SQF auditor.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users