What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form

Started by , Jun 12 2024 06:45 PM
4 Replies

Hello everyone, 

I am working on a project related to the supplier quality assurance program. While reviewing the documents needed from supplier in order to comply with the food safety program, I found a document named Manufacturer input form. I am wondering whether this form is same as the new input form or it is different from that. I want to know about this form. 

Furthermore, there is one more form which is not familiar for me that is Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form and Food Chain ID micro Ingredient Form. Are these two forms are same or different? Why these form are needed in the supplier quality assurance program?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Supplier Audit for Gummy Manufacturer What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps What to do when the last manufacturer identity is confidential?
[Ad]

Hello everyone, 

I am working on a project related to the supplier quality assurance program. While reviewing the documents needed from supplier in order to comply with the food safety program, I found a document named Manufacturer input form. I am wondering whether this form is same as the new input form or it is different from that. I want to know about this form. 

Furthermore, there is one more form which is not familiar for me that is Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form and Food Chain ID micro Ingredient Form. Are these two forms are same or different? Why these form are needed in the supplier quality assurance program?

Thanks!

The FoodChain ID SIF and Micro Ingredient forms I'm familiar with are associated with identity preserved product label claims like GMO Free.  The auditors for those programs will require those for the certification process of ingredients used to manufacture products with those label claims.   

1 Thank

Thanks for your reply. I have few more questions on this. 

1. What is the difference between Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form and Food Chain ID Micro Ingredient Form? 

2. How frequently do the auditors review these forms during the certification process?

3. Do all suppliers need to provide these forms or the one who is supplying the ingredients that are labeled as GMO free?

4. How long is the GMO free certification valid once it is granted and what is the process of renewal?

Thanks for your reply. I have few more questions on this. 

1. What is the difference between Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form and Food Chain ID Micro Ingredient Form? 

2. How frequently do the auditors review these forms during the certification process?

3. Do all suppliers need to provide these forms or the one who is supplying the ingredients that are labeled as GMO free?

4. How long is the GMO free certification valid once it is granted and what is the process of renewal?

1. SIF applies to all categories of ingredients, while the Micro Ingredient affidavit is generally associated with high-risk ingredients that are more commonly produced with the use of microorganisms that are bio-engineered.  Lots of fermented ingredients probably require it.

There are other high-risk affidavits for other testable and non-testable categories too, like agricultural crops (soy, corn, pineapple, etc.), and animal derived ingredients (dairy or collagen casing use of rGHB hormones, etc).

2. During certification 1-2 auditors will read every supporting document provided for each ingredient (and potentially, sub-ingredients).  Each time the applicant has to add in new supporting materials, or changes the formulation of the product being reviewed there's a good chance a new auditor will be assigned from a pool of reviewers to re-evaluate it.

3. All ingredients (and sub-ingredients) of the product being certified will need supporting documentation.  There are a few exceptions for inorganic mineral ingredients like salt, but they're still filling out the SIF.

4. A Non-GMO Project certification is renewed annually like most other food quality or safety and identity preserved certifications, and most of the affidavits will need to be renewed annually as well.

1 Thank

While reviewing the Supplier Quality Assurance documentation for my project, I have encountered a variety of documents including but not limited to  the Food Fraud Affidavit, Food Fraud Policy, Bioterrorism Act Compliance, Manufacturers input Declaration. I have noticed that some suppliers provide these document, while others do not. To ensure we comply with all the necessary quality and regulatory standards, i need clarification on few points. 

First which documents are mandatory for suppliers to provide without exception? Specifically, are there any critical documents that we must insist on receiving from all suppliers? Additionally, are there specific mandatory documents required seperatly for ingredients and packaging materials? If so, a detailed list of these documents would be helpful for clarity. 

Furthermore, in case where supplier does not provide the required mandatory documents, what should be our approach? are there any alternative steps or document we can accept or should these cases be escalated for further action? 

Similar Discussion Topics
Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Supplier Audit for Gummy Manufacturer What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps What to do when the last manufacturer identity is confidential? Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified? SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance Beverage Manufacturer looking to manufacture a beverage line cleaner Looking for a FSA Certified PP manufacturer? Complaint SOP as the Brand, not the manufacturer