• IFSQN Senior
  • 364 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 June 2024 - 03:25 PM

Hi ALL, 

I was wondering if your guys had received notification on Inclusion of Climate Change to management  system standards. The changes are as follows:

4.1 Understanding the organization and its context

Added: The organization shall determine whether climate change is a relevant issue. 

4.2 Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties.

Added: relevant interested parties can have requirements related to climate change.

my question is how details we have go about above 2 issues , knowing that we are merely food manufacturing , climate change not much impact  in our process line. 

farshad2008

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• Iran
    Iran

Posted 09 June 2024 - 08:04 PM

Hi Carine

Consider we are using PESTEL method (The letters stand for Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental and Legal) for external environment of our organization.
The second E of PESTEL method is related to Environment, Climate change included.
we have to make a connection between Organizational risk and Operational ones.
in this regard you can consider some issues as below :
Long-term changes in temperature, humidity, rainfall patterns and the frequency of extreme weather events are already affecting farming practices, crop production and the nutritional quality of food crops.
In your HACCP study the likelihood of some hazard should be re assessed while some emerging ones should be considered as well.
Think about pest , pesticide->please be noted that  Plants stressed by pest damage are more predisposed to fungal infections

Please be noted that some insects are consider as vector that can spread diseases specially viral disease in animals so consider the increase the veterinary drug residue risk.( Antibiotics, Anti inflammatory ,..anti parasite ,...) Microbial resistance and increase use of antibiotics !

Impact on Personnel hygiene and cleaning due to water shortage or using poor quality water
Water shortage and increase of Heavy metals for irrigation, ,..(Arsenic accumulates not only in the plant itself but also in the grain that is consumed also Rice – a major crop known to take up and bioaccumulate arsenic from the soil or irrigation water)

increase the risk of methyl mercury in fishes , (Lowering pH values ( increase of Co2) increases the microbial uptake of mercury in the oceans)

algal blooms ,...

Condensation and microbial risk specially molds and yeast for air and compressed air specially in poor hygienic design of pipe lines.

increase the risk of respiratory alkalosis in laying eggs chicken due to high temp, low ventilation > poor eggshell quality and microbial risk
Increase the probability for Natural disasters like flood and increase the risk of mycotoxins, Molds, ...

power outage  due to natural disasters like hurricanes, flood ,..> cold chain problems and risk of food spoilage even food fraud risks ( mixing good and bad products)

supply chain disruptions > increase of the price of raw material and increase the vulnerability of supply chain for fraud 

nutritional content will be change (  specially decrease of protein e.g in wheat )

Flooding leads to increased likelihood of outbreaks of waterborne diseases like cholera

also consider the fighting and war for water and risk of food defense due to water shortage 

and still there are more risk that are not mentioned here ( there are some resources for climate changes and risks like FAO guideline ,..)

Good Luck

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,770 posts
  • 1157 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 09 June 2024 - 08:35 PM

Climate Change is bogus.

I loved what the founder of the weather channel said in an interview when asked his feelings and thoughts about Climate Change and he said - Climate Change is all made up, it has no basis in fact.

And frankly it's a power play money making agenda that I will not bend over for.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

CONSULTANT

https://t.me/MVIDigitalWarrior

AltonBrownFanClub

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 143 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:I collect vintage clothing

Posted 10 June 2024 - 02:59 PM

Climate Change is bogus.

I loved what the founder of the weather channel said in an interview when asked his feelings and thoughts about Climate Change and he said - Climate Change is all made up, it has no basis in fact.

And frankly it's a power play money making agenda that I will not bend over for.

@SQFconsultant,

You have a great wealth of food safety knowledge. It weakens your positive impact when you interject with political/personal opinions.

A more neutral response would be something like: "I don't believe this will impact our operations, so I am not including it."

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 592 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 June 2024 - 12:21 PM

@SQFconsultant,

You have a great wealth of food safety knowledge. It weakens your positive impact when you interject with political/personal opinions.

A more neutral response would be something like: "I don't believe this will impact our operations, so I am not including it."

The climate has always, and will continue to change.   including it in a program is pointless imo....

TylerJones

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 107 posts
  • 32 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 June 2024 - 02:12 PM

A neutral postion and cautiously talking worring about someones feelings or political correctness is what damages critical thinking and problem soliving. If the world would speak their minds we would be in a much better place as a whole. 

@ AltonBrownFanClub your statement is a personal opinon- I would never tell another grown man how to speak, expecially on a public platform.....

If you don't like change, you're going to like becoming irrelevant less. 

AltonBrownFanClub

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 143 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 June 2024 - 04:05 PM

A neutral postion and cautiously talking worring about someones feelings or political correctness is what damages critical thinking and problem soliving. If the world would speak their minds we would be in a much better place as a whole. 

@ AltonBrownFanClub your statement is a personal opinon- I would never tell another grown man how to speak, expecially on a public platform.....

Um... you contradicted yourself a bit, Tyler.

"worrying about someone's feelings or political correctness damages critical thinking" is an opinion too...

That statement is not based in fact and neither is SQFconsultant's tangent about the founder of a TV channel.

IFSQN has diverse members from many different countries.

Commenting on a perceived "agenda" isn't helpful for people outside the country your opinion is about.

The question was: "How do I comply with this code?" 

The personal political stance added nothing and didn't answer the question.

Edited by AltonBrownFanClub, 11 June 2024 - 04:05 PM.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,770 posts
  • 1157 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 June 2024 - 04:16 PM

The question was: "How do I comply with this code?" 

The personal political stance added nothing and didn't answer the question.....

You ignore it because it is made up mumbo jumbo.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

CONSULTANT

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,770 posts
  • 1157 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 June 2024 - 04:18 PM

And by the way Alton "personal political stance..." 

Nothing to do with that sh*t, try another canned statement. 

And by the way, thanks for the compliment 

Edited by SQFconsultant, 11 June 2024 - 04:20 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

CONSULTANT

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 592 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 June 2024 - 04:41 PM

Climate change is a theory, nothing more.   I also fail to see how saying so is a political stance?   I don't see any politics mentioned in Glen's post. 

And I also agree that limiting yourself based on hurt feelings and being pc stifles critical thinking.   We're not here to be warm and cuddly, or spare anyone's feelings, which seems to be the thinking by some on here.   If that's what someone wants out of their career, go be a therapist or a social worker.  I make safe food, period.   I will not bend in my conviction of that goal to spare someone's feelings, nor should anyone.

As far as what to put on the paperwork, it's up to the op, but I'd put this:

Added: The organization shall determine whether climate change is a relevant issue. 

We do not consider climate change a relevant issue

That takes care of the rest....

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,652 posts
  • 378 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 11 June 2024 - 04:54 PM

Hi ALL, 

I was wondering if your guys had received notification on Inclusion of Climate Change to management  system standards. The changes are as follows:

Added: relevant interested parties can have requirements related to climate change.

my question is how details we have go about above 2 issues , knowing that we are merely food manufacturing , climate change not much impact  in our process line. 

What standard is this?

-Setanta         

AltonBrownFanClub

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 143 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 June 2024 - 05:09 PM

And by the way Alton "personal political stance..." 

Nothing to do with that sh*t, try another canned statement. 

And by the way, thanks for the compliment 

What does that even mean? haha

You just have a way of inserting your beliefs into black & white conversations where they aren't needed or requested.

Remember the EEL lights discussion?

Or when you admitted to discriminating based on who has received a COVID shot?

Or when you said that immunizations make people stupid?

My main point is: Your boomer attitude of spouting off ill-formed, non science-based opinions is getting old. (Pun intended)

As far as what to put on the paperwork, it's up to the op, but I'd put this:

We do not consider climate change a relevant issue

That takes care of the rest....

@MDaleDDF, thank you. This is what I was trying to explain with my first comment.

You and SQFconsultant both think climate change isn't relevant. That's fine.

The difference is: you answered in a helpful way and didn't give the whole story on why you think that.

Although this may not be the best example of an overtly political SQFconsultant comment, there have been many.

Here are some

"As to Covid, I don't know what else to say - it was not a real pandemic, it was manufactured, man-made, deep state garbage."

"There is a growing number (including our company) of companies that will not hire the jabbed - we gladly hire the anti-bio weapon folks, none of whom want to work for any company that attempts to kill and maim their own employees."

"Forgot to add, the shots dumb people down and that effects the audit process. "

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,770 posts
  • 1157 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 June 2024 - 05:28 PM

Alton... one word for you - STALKER.

and, yes, we will not hire the jabbed and we won't do business with companies that forced their employees to take the shot or face getting fired.

With that said the EE Light FREQUENCY ststem is having success in helping people to lessen the effects of the CV bio- weapon, our group is hopeful that this system, crystal patches, and other solutions such as Nattokinase and believe it or not nicotine can help those that were effected by the shots - if people want to work with our new company and they are willing to go thru sessions we would consider hiring.

And, I'll stay with the statement that the shots were in part intended to dumb people down.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

CONSULTANT

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,652 posts
  • 378 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 11 June 2024 - 05:49 PM

What standard is this?

Well, I tried to re-direct this back to the topic. 

-Setanta         

Thanked by 1 Member:

Seathalos

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 4 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 June 2024 - 06:07 PM

Well, I tried to re-direct this back to the topic. 

NGL I don't think it can be redirected at this point lol

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 592 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 June 2024 - 12:34 PM

Hey, this is like the third topic to go scorched earth this month, lol.   I actually don't mind it.   It brings Simon clicks!  Yeah!   :spoton:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Seathalos

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 4 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 June 2024 - 01:03 PM

Hey, this is like the third topic to go scorched earth this month, lol.   I actually don't mind it.   It brings Simon clicks!  Yeah!   :spoton:

This was an interesting month to join for sure 

MDaleDDF

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 592 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 June 2024 - 01:58 PM

87212d87-4b65-40b1-9dbe-99c33941cc10_tex

Simon better be doing some allergen testing, because this place is nuts!   Lol....

ChristinaK

Weird but Fun

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 70 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Art, Games, Gardening, Costuming, Public Health, Composting (with the power of worms!)

Posted 12 June 2024 - 02:51 PM

Hi ALL, 

In determining relevance for 4.1...You may want to consider the impact climate change and extreme weather events may have on your supply chain. For example, has extreme heat affected the quality or availability of raw agricultural materials you receive? Have increased storms, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. delayed your deliveries and impacted your production in any way? You can include these impacts in your ingredient vulnerability assessment and use that as part of your response to 4.1.

You can also address climate change and extreme weather events in your business continuity/emergency response plan. That would more focus on if extreme weather directly impacted your facility, inbound/outbound shipments, access to water and energy, etc.

For 4.2, I believe "interested parties" would mean governmental (regulatory) agencies and your customers. You may want to check to see what environmental regulations apply to your facility, and what customers may have sustainability/environmental requirements of their suppliers. For example, if a customer requires your facility to have a third-party audit regarding sustainability and the environment (ex: SMETA) every X years.

-Christina

Spite can be a huge motivator for me to learn almost anything.

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 364 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 July 2024 - 05:57 AM

Hi all, 

I have just uploaded Risks and Opportunities Logs for this climate change . feel free to gives comments. Fyi, we are ice manufacturer , and main ingredients is water in production. Thanks in advance

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,652 posts
  • 378 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 02 July 2024 - 03:46 PM

Hi all, 

I have just uploaded Risks and Opportunities Logs for this climate change . feel free to gives comments. Fyi, we are ice manufacturer , and main ingredients is water in production. Thanks in advance

There is no attachment.

-Setanta         

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 364 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 July 2024 - 12:49 AM

Hi all, 

Hi all, 

Attached Files

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users