What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

USA Ingredient List- "Rubbed with..." in list

Started by , Jun 07 2024 03:35 PM
4 Replies

I have never seen an ingredient list that says "Rubbed with xxxx".

I've seen "2% or less of the following: xxxx"

Is this acceptable? Does anyone have experience with unusual ingredient lists?

It is a pork carnitas product.

https://www.thefresh...-00792338761479

Ingredients: Pork, Water, Vinegar, Salt. Rubbed with (Sugar, Salt, Chicken Broth, Dehydrated Garlic, Natural Coffee Extract, Spices, Orange Peel Granules, Onion Powder)

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
INGREDIENT STATEMENT WHEN USING DRY FORM OF A INGREDIENT. Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form Water as an ingredient? Ingredient risk assesment Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]

I wonder how they "rub" it.

Joe, you rub that one and I'll rub this one!

The the question comes up - what do they use to rub it?

== and no, I have never seen a reference to rubbing on a label before.

If this is your company's product, I would change it to Seasoning Blend. The dec below is for salmon with Monterrey Rub.

Not my product. Just a point for discussion.

I'm also curious about chicken stock. Usually that's a complex ingredient. Has to be at least chicken and water, right?

It's a Kingsford product being sold in stores already. 

Got it, thanks. And yea, to your point, this is done incorrectly. Multi-ingredient ingredients must be expanded.

Similar Discussion Topics
INGREDIENT STATEMENT WHEN USING DRY FORM OF A INGREDIENT. Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form Water as an ingredient? Ingredient risk assesment Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? FSSC New BoS Decision List Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Non-food grade ingredient What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Can someone Help Me with a Template or a list of steps required to create a BMR for Herbal supplements?