What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer

Started by , Jun 07 2024 03:10 PM
1 Reply

Does anyone have any examples they would be willing to share of their format for their manufacturing process narrative? We are a contract dietary supplement manufacturer and to my process we have every other controlled document for our process except an actual written narrative  :eek_yello:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan SQF Re-Certification Process? VACCP assestment for process and raw material
[Ad]

Hello, 

I would start with the process flow chart and describe the processes step by step with each step numbered 1-2-3....You can use SOP format or simple bullet points depending on the Quality scheme you follow. Whatever format your current documents have can be adapted for this. I include the narrative in my HACCP plan in paragraphs per each step, I also have it on a separate document part of process validation.

Depending on your process flow each number can correspond to: 1-raw material acceptance criteria - 2- incoming material and testing - 3- storage - 4- production prep - 5-weigh? - 6- mix? -(you need to add the  processes) - 7-CCPs? (x-ray/metal detection/filter/screen etc...) 8-finished product testing- 9-packaging/labeling - 10-storage

Depending on your steps you can choose how in depth you want the document to be. 

Good luck

Similar Discussion Topics
Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan SQF Re-Certification Process? VACCP assestment for process and raw material Cleaning Process and Chemicals Process Authority Recommendations? BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process