• 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 June 2024 - 01:15 PM

hello, 

not sure what to put here. 

Finished product specifications shall be documented, current, approved by the site and their customer, if applicable, accessible to relevant staff, and may include:
i. Physical and chemical characteristics;
ii. Microbiological characteristics, where applicable;
iii. Artwork and unitizing requirements;
iv. Confirmation that the food sector packaging is suitable for the intended use by the customer; and

v. Lists of raw materials, allergens, ingredients, identification codes, etc.

Specifications for direct food contact packaging shall list the functional characteristics to protect the food product (shelf life extension, barrier properties, etc.).

what I highlighted not sure what to put. is it like approved supplier list ? we are a wax and paper company. 

Marloes

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 292 posts
  • 78 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 June 2024 - 02:35 PM

Hi,

This scope is regarding the specification (both your internal specification and the specification that you share to your customers) that you create of your own packaging material.
So which materials are you using in your wax and paper company? 
I don't know if there are any commonly used allergens in packaging material, cannot imagine a peanut-based cardboard... :happydance:  :lol2:  but still if you have any make sure they are included in your specification.

Please note that the text says ''may'', so it is not a hard requirement to have all these topics in your specification. But don't think that exempts you from making a specification at all... provide specifications so that you and your customers can work with the product. Leave topics out of your specification when they are non-applicable.

Thanked by 1 Member:

miissreg

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 June 2024 - 05:58 PM

thanks so much 

Share this