• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 06 June 2024 - 06:47 AM

Greetings to IFSQN community!

I need some help regarding the duration exposure of food snacks (moisture content <3%) which not yet/delayed being packed. 

I believe many of us understand that for the food industries which has GMP certification has hygienic zoning which the condition inside the area is controlled by good sanitation and the air is controlled by filter. So in mass production, there will be a chance that the product will be  delayed packed or production hold due to some maintenance issue. Then what would be the status for the exposed product which are pending to be pack. 

I understand of the danger temperature zone usually food need to be discarded after around 2 to 4 hours food exposure (under 4 to 60 degree celcius) but not clear if this also applicable to controlled area. 

So I need someone to provide explanation on this topic with the reference (if possible). 

Thank you in advance.

Dorothy87

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 192 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques, Art, Sailing, Furniture renovation

Posted 06 June 2024 - 08:33 AM

hi :) 

Can you describe your product? seems like ambient, low risk. 

;)

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 600 posts
  • 116 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 June 2024 - 04:20 PM

With a moisture that low is it also RTE or shelf stable?

We have a product with shelf stable chemistry that is RTE and which is limited to 48 hours of exposure after lethality before it has to be packed, for quality reasons primarily.  It is still covered in containers during that time frame, but ambient air carries enough spoilage micros to encourage a limit outside hermetic packaging.

Zaid Azri

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 10 June 2024 - 05:09 AM

hi :) 

Can you describe your product? seems like ambient, low risk. 

;)

Hi. We have few product: RTE snack, biscuits, potato based product. Yes it is low risk but even it is low risk, it is acceptable to use after many hours? (e.g. 12hours). Do you have any reference of this kind of situation.

Thanks

Zaid Azri

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 10 June 2024 - 05:11 AM

With a moisture that low is it also RTE or shelf stable?

We have a product with shelf stable chemistry that is RTE and which is limited to 48 hours of exposure after lethality before it has to be packed, for quality reasons primarily.  It is still covered in containers during that time frame, but ambient air carries enough spoilage micros to encourage a limit outside hermetic packaging.

Yes it is RTE and also shelf stable but dont 48 hours seems too long? But if covered maybe it is acceptable. My situation is not covered and usually problem arise maybe can be settled around few hours.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users