What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Best Practice on Changing Outerwear

Started by , May 29 2024 07:09 PM
5 Replies

We have employees that have multiple roles.  Some roles require a white coat/frock (handling raw materials) and others require a gray coat/frock (handling trash on floor, squeegeeing floors).  If an employee is wearing a white coat for handling raw materials, is it okay for him to put on his gray coat over the white, or should he take off the white coat first?  I prefer he take the white coat off and then put on the gray coat, but another manager is telling me an inspector once said it is okay to have both coats on at the same time.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Changing from Hot Fill to Tunnel Pasteurization Best Practice for Record Filing Best Practice when there are only two Washing Sink Compartments? Changing audit re-certification date
[Ad]

take the white one off

1 Thank

Zero chance I'm leaving the raw processing coat on over a coat that could be worn for anything else.  I don't care what an inspector might've said, a braindead RA of this is a hard no.

1 Thank

Thanks for the responses.  Sometimes I am dumbfounded by the things people do.  To me, so many things are obvious, but to so many others, they think just because something has always been done one way that it is perfectly fine to continue doing things that way.

I have been told that 'over the white smock' was OK too, but I just don't like it.

1 Thank

shoot the inspector, he/she is wrong.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Changing from Hot Fill to Tunnel Pasteurization Best Practice for Record Filing Best Practice when there are only two Washing Sink Compartments? Changing audit re-certification date Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization Getting approval for changing specifications Changing Jobs Best Practice Orgs/ Food Safety Associations