Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 May 2024 - 07:49 PM

I've worked as a FSQ manager for 3PL 5 years for an organization that was recently acquired by a much larger 3PL and have been asked to align any Food Warehouses under 1 standard.

I was told that there were 3 facilities of about 30 in addition to the 5 I run, within the new organization.

I'm 6 months in and am starting to realize that many of their 30 or so facilities have Food, Food contact packaging, or secondary packaging for food.  Many of which are not being housed in FDA registered facilities or are operating against GMP standards.  I'm also having a hard time getting the right information from people.  Not due to lack of support, no one has ever asked these questions here before.

I'm trying to put a poll together to send out to all DC Managers to  ask a series of questions that will help me focus on who has food grade and where our greatest risks are.

Does anyone have experience or recommendations on collecting information across 40 or so DC's.  

Thanks,

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 758 posts
  • 206 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 May 2024 - 09:12 PM

You could create a questionnaire out of a Microsoft Form and email links to all of your DC's.  Forms collects responses for you and allows you to download them to Excel for sorting.  Creating checkbox type answers to the responses you want would help ensure the data comes back clean, and would let you ask things like "Does your facility handle Food, Food contact packaging, or secondary packaging? (check all that apply)" and "Does your facility operate under a GMP program? Yes/No", etc.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users