What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have food safety and quality tool box talks?

Started by , May 22 2024 05:39 PM
4 Replies

I work for a warehouse that handles food products - all sealed.   As part of our quality culture I'm trying to roll out monthly tool box talks to stay in front of the team more and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on a  good place to look or lists out there somewhere?   I know every operation is different but I was looking for input as its the first time I've tried something like this and I thought looking at bunch of hot topics or a list I might be able to generate what I felt is best for us.

Thank You
Chris

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Inclusion of Packaging VA in VA for Food Raw Materials, 5.4.2 ? Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement UK verification tests on imported food Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories
[Ad]

we have a full team meeting first Monday of every month.   There's a few things stressed every meeting like GMPs, keeping your pockets empty, no glass allowed, etc etc.    But we don't struggle for other subjects, because our hourly guys are a bunch of morons.   So plenty to talk about....lol.

We are a 3PL that also only stores sealed food.
Our Safety Coordinator wrote ours, but they are for food and non-food warehouses, so cover things like forklift safety, incident reporting, lockout/tag out, stairs and walkways, hand and portable tools, severe weather, fire alarms and responses, utility knives and scissors...  

I am trying to come up with some of my own that will be weekly quick reads that will cover Why, What/How, When, and Where for food safety topics covered in our GMP classes:

Personal hygiene, warehouse hygiene, pest control, foreign materials, allergens, food/gum/drink, bodily fluids, food defense, trailer inspections...  

I was going to do just quick one page blurbs that would change every week and just waiting for our Food Safety Culture team to get a couple meetings in, then assign a topic to each person to come up with (focusing on the W's above) until we have 50-60. 

Trying to share my sample one, but either the site, or my computer won't let me.

Amy

Thank you both for your input, I'll keep this open in case someone else is able to send a link, attachment or direction.   I'm not against doing my own but I was hoping to get some outside input as it might trigger some ideas for myself as well as things maybe I'd never had thought of as good points.   I appreciate the input!!

1 Like

there's some great videos

Unfortunately when it comes to food safety, there's not a lot out there--a lot of that will be because each plant is very specific---hard to to lunch time chats about generic info

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Inclusion of Packaging VA in VA for Food Raw Materials, 5.4.2 ? Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement UK verification tests on imported food Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from China Has anyone ever heard of Quality being head of Operations as well? Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging Food Fraud Assessment