Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 21 May 2024 - 06:18 AM

Hello Everyone!!, I am looking for guidance on regulatory in Bakery industry. 

I have some queries such as

• Do we need ISO22000 or HACCP only will be sufficient. I know they are different but how to start first.
  • If I have gained HACCP certification then how to build the HACCP chart and is it made by Quality people or we need to hire consultant.
  • How do we standardized the bakery product and its shelf life check.
  • GMP and GHP - do we need certification for this . HACCP includes this so we will not need it separately right?
  • For bakery Product , How to start exporting and what are the Certifications we need.

If people loving bakery section are here, People provide some insights.

Thank You

Dorothy87

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 208 posts
  • 62 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques, Art, Sailing

Posted 21 May 2024 - 09:33 AM

Hi, 

Please confirm where about you want to export your goods, 

;) 

mansi15

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 21 May 2024 - 09:53 AM

Hi , We want to export to gulf countries and US/UK.

Thanks

mansi15

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 21 May 2024 - 09:54 AM

Hi, 

Please confirm where about you want to export your goods, 

;)

Hi , We want to export to gulf countries and US/UK.

Thanks

Dorothy87

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 208 posts
  • 62 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques, Art, Sailing

Posted 21 May 2024 - 10:14 AM

UK 

• Do we need ISO22000 or HACCP only will be sufficient. I know they are different but how to start first.

- HACCP 

- If exporting to retailers they will ask for BRC, then hey will share their requirements and they will audit you. 

• If I have gained HACCP certification then how to build the HACCP chart and is it made by Quality people or we need to hire consultant

- do your HACCP level 2 training first, you will need level 3 at least if you will be the one who is responsible for HACCP

- your HACCP team should include : QA Manager, Factory manager, Engineer, Sales manager, NPD (new product development) or representatives 

- Frozen?

- Fully baked ? 

- Half baked ? 

• GMP and GHP - do we need certification for this . HACCP includes this so we will not need it separately right?

- you will need a good GMP (good manufacture practice) and you will use this in your HACCP control measures. 

• For bakery Product , How to start exporting and what are the Certifications we need

- see above, however you will need a strong technical team who will deal with legislation (labelling, export documents  etc) 

;) 

Thanked by 1 Member:

mansi15

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 May 2024 - 07:19 PM

UK 

• Do we need ISO22000 or HACCP only will be sufficient. I know they are different but how to start first.

- HACCP 

- If exporting to retailers they will ask for BRC, then hey will share their requirements and they will audit you. 

• If I have gained HACCP certification then how to build the HACCP chart and is it made by Quality people or we need to hire consultant

- do your HACCP level 2 training first, you will need level 3 at least if you will be the one who is responsible for HACCP

- your HACCP team should include : QA Manager, Factory manager, Engineer, Sales manager, NPD (new product development) or representatives 

- Frozen?

- Fully baked ? 

- Half baked ? 

• GMP and GHP - do we need certification for this . HACCP includes this so we will not need it separately right?

- you will need a good GMP (good manufacture practice) and you will use this in your HACCP control measures. 

• For bakery Product , How to start exporting and what are the Certifications we need

- see above, however you will need a strong technical team who will deal with legislation (labelling, export documents  etc) 

;)

Hey!! 

Thank you for clearing most of the things. I was looking for Frozen products and baked cookies.

Also, I am trying to develop new product such as sugar free cookies. But other than stevia and monk fruit , I don't know how to prepare and move further for sugar free millet based cookies. We are into plant based products and under millet based product initiatives.

Thank You!!

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users