Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 21 May 2024 - 06:18 AM

Hello Everyone!!, I am looking for guidance on regulatory in Bakery industry. 

I have some queries such as

• Do we need ISO22000 or HACCP only will be sufficient. I know they are different but how to start first.
  • If I have gained HACCP certification then how to build the HACCP chart and is it made by Quality people or we need to hire consultant.
  • How do we standardized the bakery product and its shelf life check.
  • GMP and GHP - do we need certification for this . HACCP includes this so we will not need it separately right?
  • For bakery Product , How to start exporting and what are the Certifications we need.

If people loving bakery section are here, People provide some insights.

Thank You

Dorothy87

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 189 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques, Art, Sailing, Furniture renovation

Posted 21 May 2024 - 09:33 AM

Hi, 

Please confirm where about you want to export your goods, 

;) 

mansi15

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 21 May 2024 - 09:53 AM

Hi , We want to export to gulf countries and US/UK.

Thanks

mansi15

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 21 May 2024 - 09:54 AM

Hi, 

Please confirm where about you want to export your goods, 

;)

Hi , We want to export to gulf countries and US/UK.

Thanks

Dorothy87

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 189 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques, Art, Sailing, Furniture renovation

Posted 21 May 2024 - 10:14 AM

UK 

• Do we need ISO22000 or HACCP only will be sufficient. I know they are different but how to start first.

- HACCP 

- If exporting to retailers they will ask for BRC, then hey will share their requirements and they will audit you. 

• If I have gained HACCP certification then how to build the HACCP chart and is it made by Quality people or we need to hire consultant

- do your HACCP level 2 training first, you will need level 3 at least if you will be the one who is responsible for HACCP

- your HACCP team should include : QA Manager, Factory manager, Engineer, Sales manager, NPD (new product development) or representatives 

- Frozen?

- Fully baked ? 

- Half baked ? 

• GMP and GHP - do we need certification for this . HACCP includes this so we will not need it separately right?

- you will need a good GMP (good manufacture practice) and you will use this in your HACCP control measures. 

• For bakery Product , How to start exporting and what are the Certifications we need

- see above, however you will need a strong technical team who will deal with legislation (labelling, export documents  etc) 

;) 

Thanked by 1 Member:

mansi15

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 29 May 2024 - 07:19 PM

UK 

• Do we need ISO22000 or HACCP only will be sufficient. I know they are different but how to start first.

- HACCP 

- If exporting to retailers they will ask for BRC, then hey will share their requirements and they will audit you. 

• If I have gained HACCP certification then how to build the HACCP chart and is it made by Quality people or we need to hire consultant

- do your HACCP level 2 training first, you will need level 3 at least if you will be the one who is responsible for HACCP

- your HACCP team should include : QA Manager, Factory manager, Engineer, Sales manager, NPD (new product development) or representatives 

- Frozen?

- Fully baked ? 

- Half baked ? 

• GMP and GHP - do we need certification for this . HACCP includes this so we will not need it separately right?

- you will need a good GMP (good manufacture practice) and you will use this in your HACCP control measures. 

• For bakery Product , How to start exporting and what are the Certifications we need

- see above, however you will need a strong technical team who will deal with legislation (labelling, export documents  etc) 

;)

Hey!! 

Thank you for clearing most of the things. I was looking for Frozen products and baked cookies.

Also, I am trying to develop new product such as sugar free cookies. But other than stevia and monk fruit , I don't know how to prepare and move further for sugar free millet based cookies. We are into plant based products and under millet based product initiatives.

Thank You!!

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Food Production, HACCP, ISO22000, BRC, Quality Control, Documentation, Bakery, GMP, Audit, FSSAI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users