What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Label requirements for food manufactured for restaurant use?

Started by , May 17 2024 06:34 PM
1 Reply

Hello,

I am working on a label for a half gallon sauce product made for restaurant use. It is not entering any retail spaces and is meant just for the customer's restaurant. I plan on having one label on one side of the half gallon bottle with the name, ingredient statement, allergen statement, net weight, and Prop 65 warning. Can I leave out the nutrition facts if I include it on a separate spec sheet? Are there separate labeling requirements for food that goes straight to restaurants? My preliminary google searches only show information about requiring calorie information on menus and things like that.

Any guidance is welcome and appreciated. Thank you for your time. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Box label and pack label Deforested meat products shelf life label requirements Honey in product does it require label warning for infants? Mention word Real fruit on candy label Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA)
[Ad]

Look at the regulations for foodservice products. Food service is the key word you need to use to search. 

Yes you are correct, the nutrition facts panel isn't required on the bottle. But should be included on the spec sheet. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Box label and pack label Deforested meat products shelf life label requirements Honey in product does it require label warning for infants? Mention word Real fruit on candy label Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) Question about a Misleading label SQF 9 - Label Reconciliation Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 Allergen Label Checks In House Label Disfigurement Procedure