What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Mandatory RCA for Internal Audit NCs?

Started by , May 15 2024 06:22 PM
3 Replies

I'm hoping someone can help clarify this for me.  My head is spinning at the moment....

During a BRCGS audit, the auditor insisted the RCA and preventive measures are required for all findings from internal audits, quoting clause 3.2.4.  It is my understanding through clause 3.3.3 that RCA is only mandatory for trends and items that place food safety, quality and legality at risk.  In a situation where an internal audit simply identified a specific SOP required additional information to fully meet clause requirements, does this necessitate full RCA?  I certainly understand that all NCs require correction, but don't agree that all require full RCA.

Hoping for clarification.

James

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is an enclosed shipping area mandatory? SQF 2.3.2 - Mandatory Elements Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Is wearing a mask mandatory in the factory candy packaging? Is it mandatory to put personal names in the organization chart?
[Ad]

I think this is the issue du jour---my auditor (SQF) tried to tell me that every deviation should have preventative measures----------ha!  If I know it's some random one off---I'm not wasting my time

HOWEVER-clause 3.7.1 does state that site procedures shall include the completion of RCA and implementation of preventive action

Doesn't mean I agree with the auditor (I do not)  as that would negate the purpose and scope of the IA

We may be looking at different versions--------I do not see a 3.2.4 in version 9???

1 Like1 Thank

Scampi - sorry....I am referring to the S&D standard...not Food.  Apologies.

I appreciate your reply and insight.

James

I didn't look at which subset you had posted in----my bad!

Similar Discussion Topics
Is an enclosed shipping area mandatory? SQF 2.3.2 - Mandatory Elements Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Is wearing a mask mandatory in the factory candy packaging? Is it mandatory to put personal names in the organization chart? Is it mandatory to have NSF registration for Food Grade Lubricants? PCQI Training - Is it mandatory? Mandatory documents - BRC for Food Safety Issue 8 Is it mandatory to implement allergen control programs if we declare the allergen on the label? Is it mandatory that roasting of chickpeas must be CCP?