What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Compressor for HACCP

Started by , May 11 2024 01:16 AM
1 Reply
Hello, I want to ask if the compressor is used in direct contact with the product, for example in the freezing and ice making process, if I include it in the hazard analysis, are the control measures sufficient with PRP? I think I use the same control measures on the room compressor by replacing the bottom filter every 6-12 months
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is it necessary to test compressor for oil, solid particles, microbes? NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Compressor Testing Compressed air testing of main compressor or all lines? Compressor Room Controls - Glass Manufacturing Facility
[Ad]

Adding compersor to the hazard analysis is a correct decision as long the air has a direct contact with your product. 

I think you have to consider the chemical and biological hazards also beside the physical hazards,

chemical hazard could be the mieral oil used and biological could be the vegitative pathogens or maybe mold.

Control measures here could be your filter mesh size and also air plates to check the mold presence,

Changing filters is a control to ensure that filters are fit and not passing any mositure or oil with the air, your refernece could be the manufacturer's guidelines. 

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Is it necessary to test compressor for oil, solid particles, microbes? NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Compressor Testing Compressed air testing of main compressor or all lines? Compressor Room Controls - Glass Manufacturing Facility