Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:16 AM

Hello, I want to ask if the compressor is used in direct contact with the product, for example in the freezing and ice making process, if I include it in the hazard analysis, are the control measures sufficient with PRP? I think I use the same control measures on the room compressor by replacing the bottom filter every 6-12 months

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 194 posts
  • 41 thanks
Excellent

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 11 May 2024 - 08:19 AM

Adding compersor to the hazard analysis is a correct decision as long the air has a direct contact with your product. 

I think you have to consider the chemical and biological hazards also beside the physical hazards,

chemical hazard could be the mieral oil used and biological could be the vegitative pathogens or maybe mold.

Control measures here could be your filter mesh size and also air plates to check the mold presence,

Changing filters is a control to ensure that filters are fit and not passing any mositure or oil with the air, your refernece could be the manufacturer's guidelines. 

M.Yusuf

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users