What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Thawing of Cooked meats for RTE products

Started by , May 02 2024 08:39 AM
3 Replies

We have a procedure for thawing of cooked frozen meat (chicken, lamb) however I don't feel that the procedure is sound enough.

How long can we be thawing product? I appreciate different sizes are going to take longer than others but generally should we state that thawing is ti take place over X hours?

Also how frequently should we check the temperature as currently I can not see any that  states we check the temperature ever 2 hours for example.

Should the procedure state the temperate of the environment we are thawing?

Thanks in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Thawing Meat at Room Temperature How to check thawing effects on the quality and safety of the product? Thawing fully package goods in water bath Thawing Process-Herbs Calculating time and temperature for thawing a certain volume of frozen meat?
[Ad]

We have a procedure for thawing of cooked frozen meat (chicken, lamb) however I don't feel that the procedure is sound enough.

How long can we be thawing product? I appreciate different sizes are going to take longer than others but generally should we state that thawing is ti take place over X hours?

Also how frequently should we check the temperature as currently I can not see any that  states we check the temperature ever 2 hours for example.

Should the procedure state the temperate of the environment we are thawing?

Thanks in advance

At what temperature are you thawing it at. This makes a difference. For example thawing at 5 C vs room temperature. 

You should either be thawing in a fridge OR using constantly circulating cold water in a cool space (7C or lower)

https://inspection.c...3/1552580633357

We are thawing in a chilled production room, generally operating 5-7C

Similar Discussion Topics
Thawing Meat at Room Temperature How to check thawing effects on the quality and safety of the product? Thawing fully package goods in water bath Thawing Process-Herbs Calculating time and temperature for thawing a certain volume of frozen meat? Marinate the frozen chicken vs Marinate after thawing Questions concerning the thawing of aseptic juice concentrates? Combining Refrigerator + Cold Water Thawing Thawing of Food SQF Ed 8.1 - 11.7.3 or Ed 9 11.7.2 Is thawing raw foods at room temperature considered an action criteria?