What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Scope of Certification product specific

Started by , May 01 2024 08:51 PM
1 Reply

I work for a candy manufacturer that is attempting to get our SQF certification for our wholesalers. We only wholesale a couple of products and everything else is sent to our retail location. I am wondering if it is possible to have our scope of certification only cover the products for wholesale. The reason for us wanting to do it this way is some of our products that are only sold directly to customers do not meet some of the SQF codes, mainly 2.3.1 Product Formulation and Realization. If possible, how would I declare that in the scope of certification?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope MSC Chain of Custody - need help with scope Offsite Warehouse - SQF scope Scope of BRCGS- Repack and Defrost traded gods ISO 22000 Certificate Scope
[Ad]

SQF is not product specific it is process and facility specific so its a big no on omitting products from the scope.  If there are sections that are not mandatory you can file an exemption, however you have to have a good sound documented response on the reasoning.  I am curious how these products in question would not be able to meet the 2.3.1 SQF requirements

?  

Similar Discussion Topics
Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope MSC Chain of Custody - need help with scope Offsite Warehouse - SQF scope Scope of BRCGS- Repack and Defrost traded gods ISO 22000 Certificate Scope SQF Scope of Certification BRCGS Clause 6.1.7 - Where the site handles products or materials that are outside the scope of the audit, these shall be controlled Does tea manufacturing fall outside the scope of the FSMA? How to add trading products to scope BRC Audit Scope