What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Bulk raw material receiving and traceability

Started by , May 01 2024 03:22 PM
2 Replies

Hi all,

My company is moving from a very small potato processing plant to a much larger facility. We have in the past gotten all of our potato raw materials in 2000 Lb. totes so it was easy to receive and trace everything. We are moving to a more bulk receiving system where raw potatoes will be pumped directly into our plant from our supplier from our sister company that will be right next door. 

The question i have is how to track receiving and then trace the raw potatoes that come in. We will be receiving into 9 separate bins in the building, the flume line between the two building will be completely enclosed and we will have control of the bay where they will be adding the raw potatoes to the flume system.

If any one has any advise or experience in this type of process i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Willis

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
'Topping up' - bulk commodities and traceability Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry How do you keep traceability of bulk flour? Shelf life of sunflower oil in bulk or in silos Hazard Analysis - Bulk Bag Lifting frame in production areas
[Ad]

Batch records

The folks at the sister plant need to record what lot/bin they added and when and then provide that information to you daily

Someone should have a really good idea of how many lbs/hour you will use, so you can add in the overlap period at the appropriate times

1 Like1 Thank

Just spoke to the engineering team on the project and they told me there will be inline belted scales we will be able to record the pounds coming in on a day with the lot numbers from the sister plant. also inline scales for product leaving the bins will be in place.

Similar Discussion Topics
'Topping up' - bulk commodities and traceability Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry How do you keep traceability of bulk flour? Shelf life of sunflower oil in bulk or in silos Hazard Analysis - Bulk Bag Lifting frame in production areas Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations Bulk density - Master Specification creation Supersack-Bulk Bag Resealing Environmental Pathogens in a Bulk Truck Use of compressed air to fill a Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container before filling