What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water

Started by , Apr 17 2024 07:47 AM
2 Replies

We are trying to identify the cause of an issue we've encountered with one of our packaging suppliers. We've observed that when their packaging comes into contact with water or wet products, it leaves behind a milky residue. We stopped using the packaging. Despite consulting with the supplier, who claims it's due to air bubbles, we've found this residue persists even after some time on the shelf. A simple test of rubbing wetted packaging indicates there's some form of suspension present. Comparatively, packaging from another supplier doesn't exhibit this issue, leading us to believe it's isolated to this particular supplier. Please see the pictures of an issue I am describing.

Material: OPP 35 micron, density 0.91 with antimist, microperforated

Have anyone of you encountered this issue?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Coverage for knobs, sensors, and electrical plugs to protect from water damage due to sanitation What food safety risks are associated with diluting room-temperature sauce with filtered water for sous vide cooking? How should the 4.6 IFS Broker requirement be implemented for outsourced water production? What are the rules surrounding staples in tertiary packaging? Hazards in Food Contact Packaging
[Ad]

Can you attach the pictures again?

I have never heard of this happening.  Reading through your description, the only thing I can think of is that whatever they are using for the anti-mist property may be causing the issue for you.  That is at least where I would start.

Similar Discussion Topics
Coverage for knobs, sensors, and electrical plugs to protect from water damage due to sanitation What food safety risks are associated with diluting room-temperature sauce with filtered water for sous vide cooking? How should the 4.6 IFS Broker requirement be implemented for outsourced water production? What are the rules surrounding staples in tertiary packaging? Hazards in Food Contact Packaging Legionella Risk Assessment in Water System What are the common challenges with PET-Aluminum-PE pouches for liquid packaging? Are Shorts Permitted Under BRC Standards for Packaging Facilities? For spill-proof bottles, is it acceptable to use them for liquids other than clear water, such as squash or cordial provided by the company? How to Address and Resolve Water Quality Issues in a Food Manufacturing Facility