What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Lost 3 months of work updating documentation

Started by , Apr 04 2024 08:58 PM
11 Replies

For the past 3 months I've been updating documents and forms from our Canadian plant to use in our soon to be open US plant. My boss (in the Canadian office) decided to "organize files." 

Now pretty much everything is gone.

Forms are still there, but

42 SOPs, gone. 

86 sSOP, gone.

45 PM instructions, gone. 

28 Work instructions, gone.

I hope IT can find them.  In the meantime, I'm going to find a corner and scream. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Have Campden BRI "lost it"? Shellfish Tags - Shellstock - Record Keeping - Lost or Missing Tags Is current BRC Certificate lost if critical defect found at the audit? Feeling Lost Regarding Scope Lost HACCP Record - what to do about it?
[Ad]

RECYCLE BIN!!!!!!!  look there

RECYCLE BIN!!!!!!!  look there

First place I looked.  Weren't there.

Restarted computer, still nothing.  I'm having boss check.  

If your files have been around for days, and your IT team is worth paying, there should be a backup.  :crossfingers:

I back everything important up the old fashioned way (manual 'save as' copies on external hardware) and put it somewhere other people don't have access to for just this kind of reason.  Some of the people I work with aren't very tech savvy, and the IT team has ****** things up before too, so I don't entirely trust anyone else that normally has access.

Does your company use a system like we use such as Carbonite, a cloud back up?

They are back!
Not sure how boss did it, (nor do I care) but they are back.

Not gonna lie, I was a bit worried.

1 Like

They are back!

:yay:

They are back!

A good time to buy two removable hard drives, and dump everything on both.   One for you, one for your boss and take them home.   Hopefully you never need it, but if you do, it's there.

Much as I HATE teams with a passion; it might be worth a personal teams or onedrive back up at least from time to time but thank goodness your IT team came through for you.

Its happened to me in different fashions as well.   The  worst was a server crash that took months to restore.   Like MDALE and GM - get 1T externalf drive backup every few weeks / months as you see fit.   

They are back!

Okay, I was dry heaving for you as I scrolled the thread until I got to this part.  Wahoooooo, thank goodness!

I'd be willing to bet that you're already setting up meetings with IT and whomever else to place a file backup process into place.  For our corp maintaining a server that 9 different facilities use, we have a backup that downloads the full server every 12 hours (I think), and it's saved our butts more than once when someone goes in there to "clean up those old files".  It's saved me from a few murder charges while I've worked here lol.

I'm saving everything to my desktop AND a thumb drive. IF there is an issue again, the only problem will be any updates, that's not terrible. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Have Campden BRI "lost it"? Shellfish Tags - Shellstock - Record Keeping - Lost or Missing Tags Is current BRC Certificate lost if critical defect found at the audit? Feeling Lost Regarding Scope Lost HACCP Record - what to do about it? FSA News post lost its mind-or only me they are picking on Lost product identification when product reaches customer site Knife procedures - How to handle lost knives? The Lost Art Of Goal Achievement