What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health

Started by , Apr 04 2024 06:12 PM
4 Replies

Hello all

I would like to ask if anyone has a comment on this SQF code element

SQF Code Module 10 Section 10.4.4.2 states

[Visitors who are exhibiting visible signs of illness or have been in recent direct contact with other sites, animals, or produce shall be prohibited from entering any growing or product handling or harvesting operation.]

So if I come from my home and I have a pet dog, or cat I am prohibited from entering my site?

Seems like something is missing from this. Maybe some qualifier, like what needs to happen to allow you to enter. Wash hands, wear a smock,?

What do you all think?

Anyone ever have this come up in an audit?

Bill L

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Code 13.3.3.6 - Smartwatch used for medical condition Health Benefits of Ghee Health & Safety Risk Assessment Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question
[Ad]

It's referencing feed animals, not pets

I'm assuming it's meant to control diseases between operations

1 Like

Applies to visitors, not employees  

Biosecurity/biocontainment.  Think of it in the context of the HPAI going around the last couple years.  If you knew someone had been to another poultry facility, you wouldn't just let them wander into yours and potentially infect your flock.

^^^ What they said.  If you have an auditor who just walked around a farm and slaughterhouse that morning, you don't want them to come into your clean manufacturing facility making RTE goods.  This can be commonly overlooked for contract maintenance personnel as well: if the guy coming to repair your production equipment just came from working on equipment at the city dump, he probably shouldn't be permitted to enter the facility's GMP controlled areas to make repairs.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Code 13.3.3.6 - Smartwatch used for medical condition Health Benefits of Ghee Health & Safety Risk Assessment Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline Health Star Rating System - Australia SQF Quality Code 2.8.1.2 Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination