What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer?

Started by , Apr 01 2024 06:01 PM
1 Reply

Hello, 

We have a fire incident at our facility end with total loss, for that reason we are going to work with contract manufacturer that will make our products. 

My question is what does the company using co-manufacturer needs to do to be compliance?

I searched FDA requirements but could not find any information? 

Do we still need to keep our Food safety and HACCP Plan or this is something that co-manufacturer handles since the processing may be slightly different? 

The contract manufacturer is in the different state, do we need to change the FDA registration information?

Thank you, 

KM

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Co-manufacturer Problems with Brands Not Giving Documentation Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form Supplier Audit for Gummy Manufacturer
[Ad]

Hello, 

We have a fire incident at our facility end with total loss, for that reason we are going to work with contract manufacturer that will make our products. 

My question is what does the company using co-manufacturer needs to do to be compliance?

I searched FDA requirements but could not find any information? 

Do we still need to keep our Food safety and HACCP Plan or this is something that co-manufacturer handles since the processing may be slightly different? 

The contract manufacturer is in the different state, do we need to change the FDA registration information?

Thank you, 

KM

Co-packer is in charge of the Food safety/HACCP plan now. The FDA registration info - that falls to the co-packer. If you are no longer producing the item, you need to update your FDA info. 

The co-manufacturer needs to be registered FDA facility. I would treat them like you are vetting a supplier. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Co-manufacturer Problems with Brands Not Giving Documentation Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer Manufacturer Input form & Food Chain ID Standard Ingredient Form Supplier Audit for Gummy Manufacturer Contract Manufacturers Is there a database of IFS certified companies? What to do when the last manufacturer identity is confidential? Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified? Trading Company Contract Example