• Quick Navigation
Photo

What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Kubramiller

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 April 2024 - 06:01 PM

Hello, 

We have a fire incident at our facility end with total loss, for that reason we are going to work with contract manufacturer that will make our products. 

My question is what does the company using co-manufacturer needs to do to be compliance?

I searched FDA requirements but could not find any information? 

Do we still need to keep our Food safety and HACCP Plan or this is something that co-manufacturer handles since the processing may be slightly different? 

The contract manufacturer is in the different state, do we need to change the FDA registration information?

Thank you, 

KM

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,119 posts
  • 305 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 02 April 2024 - 05:24 PM

Hello, 

We have a fire incident at our facility end with total loss, for that reason we are going to work with contract manufacturer that will make our products. 

My question is what does the company using co-manufacturer needs to do to be compliance?

I searched FDA requirements but could not find any information? 

Do we still need to keep our Food safety and HACCP Plan or this is something that co-manufacturer handles since the processing may be slightly different? 

The contract manufacturer is in the different state, do we need to change the FDA registration information?

Thank you, 

KM

Co-packer is in charge of the Food safety/HACCP plan now. The FDA registration info - that falls to the co-packer. If you are no longer producing the item, you need to update your FDA info. 

The co-manufacturer needs to be registered FDA facility. I would treat them like you are vetting a supplier. 

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users