What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel?

Started by , Apr 01 2024 03:38 PM
2 Replies

Hello IFSQN,

I am not sure if this is allow, but can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel. It is an excel file with three tabs, flow chart, HA and CCP. 

Sea moss gel is a gel that people can added to their smoothies and drinks.

The sea moss gel is consists of two ingredients, Water and Sea Moss (seaweed). It is clean with lime juice and vinegar and then rinse off with water.

There is no metal detector and x-ray. 

There is no allergens added to this products.

The product is filled in a glass jar.

Thank you,

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Room Risk Sanity Check BRC Audit plan before the scheduled audit How are You Measuring Your Food Safety Culture Plan? No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP?
[Ad]

Here are some of my first thoughts.

1.  I would include a risk assesmenet of each individual ingredient.  

2.  I would number the process steps on flow chart and HA to ensure you have everything covered.  i got a little confused. 

3.  I would not include purchasing as a processing step.   

4.  Im confused about about your RA for Moss.   In the HA is says no risk of biological, but in the flow chart it has a testing CCP right after it.  the corrective says you boil it.   this really your CCP/PC - thermal processing of the weed.  

5.  Product testing is never a CCP.   its not a reliable control.  

6.  Foreign material is too vague.   you need to declare what the actual risk is.  metal, plastic, wood, shells, golf balls, etc.   

7.  In the wash through blend steps you have FM as needing a control or not assigned.  however your controls appear to not be PC, CCPs, etc

8.  in wash through blend steps you have salmonella as not not needing a control.   however in you state that it will be controlled at refrigeration.  If you are considering contamion from your equipment, I would expect those to be covered by a sanitation control.   

9.  I would be carefulll on how you address glass.   you are going to struggle to validate random visual inspection as a CCP/PC

10.  flavor powders- no risk?  

11.  recieving log check for Fm doesnt make sense to me.   not on your ccp log.   Not sure what you are controlling.   

12.  there are alot of "none" in potential hazards at steps where I might expect to see more. 

13.  if  refrigeration is required - refrigeration during shipping risk / control?

2 Likes

Thank you, Kingstudruler1.

I appreciated the feedbacks.

Similar Discussion Topics
Room Risk Sanity Check BRC Audit plan before the scheduled audit How are You Measuring Your Food Safety Culture Plan? No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Including 3rd party storage and distribution HACCP in our own HACCP? Testing Plan Risk Assessment Organic Food Fraud Prevention Plan risk Based Environmental monitoring Plan Environmental testing plan - listeria & TVC HACCP