What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sampling plan and risk analysis

Started by , Mar 11 2024 01:36 PM
5 Replies

"Good morning everyone, I'm Laura, a consultant. It has been pointed out for a brokerage company that the sampling plan for the analyses does not show evidence of being based on risk analysis. How can I provide evidence? I would like to specify that in the HACCP risk analysis, all risks for all product categories are addressed."

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Developing a Sampling Plan for Leasing Space Above Production: Ensuring Microbial Safety and Compliance How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Air Sampling for Gluten presence How to conduct sampling for Listeria Monocytogenes? Is Product Sampling a CCP
[Ad]

You will need a separate risk analysis document for the sampling plan, based on severity/likelyhood. 

You will need a separate risk analysis document for the sampling plan, based on severity/likelyhood. 

The separate risk analysis should include the frequency of testing and the reasoning behind it, along with what should be sampled

thank you very much for the answer, but I have a doubt: the severity and probability must be the same ones taken into consideration in the HACCP risk analysis conducted?

thank you very much for the answer, but I have a doubt: the severity and probability must be the same ones taken into consideration in the HACCP risk analysis conducted?

Usually the HACCP risk analysis will deal with overall general risk of micro contamination/growth, while the sampling risk analysis will deal with specific points like what should be sampled, what areas should be swabbed and at what frequency. For example if you look at swabbing a food contact surface or sampling a ready to eat food the risk would be different compared to a non food contact surface or raw food that needs to be cooked- your risk assessment would establish that you  require more frequent sampling and have a lower acceptable level of microorganisms in the sample compared to the non food contact/uncooked samples.

1 Like

"Thank you very much, now I understand!"

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Developing a Sampling Plan for Leasing Space Above Production: Ensuring Microbial Safety and Compliance How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Air Sampling for Gluten presence How to conduct sampling for Listeria Monocytogenes? Is Product Sampling a CCP ISO 17025 sampling and non conforming procedure Micro Testing Composite Sampling Sampling for Finished Good Validation Test Raw Material Sampling Plan How Long Should You Flush Water Lines For Sampling