What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Euro 2004 Competition #2

Started by , Jun 15 2004 01:39 PM
22 Replies
I've been racked with guilt all weekend about those of you who missed out on the Euro 2004 Competition and I've decided that I just can't let it happen. I've made an executive decision, which may well bankrupt SaferPak…but what the hell.

For another Mystery Prize, guess (or spend several hours using complicated statistics) to determine the number of goals that will be scored during the entire Euro 2004 championships. :D

Rules:
- One entry per member
- Where multiple entries submitted first entry will be taken
- Where a duplicate ‘number of goals' figure is posted - first posted entry owns
- Your ‘number of goals' figure should include all goals scored in open play including those scored in extra time
- GOALS SCORED IN PENALTY SHOOTOUTS DO NOT COUNT
- Entries must be submitted by 1300 GMT Wednesday 16th June 04.
- If I've missed anything Editors decision is final

I think there are 31 matches in total - post your number of goals below.

Regards,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Euro 2008 Competition Updates Thread Euro 2008 Competition Euro 2004 Competition Euro 2004 Competition Euro 2004 Competition
[Ad]
77 goals
I'll go for 84!!

Nadine
Hello Saferpak,
My guess is:-
55 Goals

Roger
Haven't a clue about football but I'll guess at 90

Ken
78 for me please

I cross my fingers for the Italian boys
Nah, can't be bothered.

Who cares??

I'll go for 48 goals total.
Wallace.
I will go for 52 GOALS

Charles Chew

Nah, can't be bothered.
Who cares??

Aw come on Puzz, don't take the crushing defeat Franco inflicted on you personally - it's only a game!.

Regards,
Simon

Nah, can't be bothered.
Who cares??

Aw come on Puzz, don't take the crushing defeat Franco inflicted on you personally - it's only a game!.

Regards,
Simon

Mortally wounded

Oh all right i'll stop sulking and take 119

Oh all right i'll stop sulking and take 119

That's the spirit old boy!
Simon,

I know I`ve missed the deadline of 13:00 but as a guess I think 160
Hmm...perhaps I was pushing my luck running another competition. Ah well there's more chance of winning for those who have entered.

To round up the number of goals selected:

Wallace Tait - 48
Charleschew - 52
Roger Athlon - 55
Franco -77
Rozeken - 78
Sam 84
Ken - 90
Puzzle - 119

Good luck,
Simon

I know I`ve missed the deadline of 13:00 but as a guess I think 160

Yeah Phil, sorry mate.
I wonder what's the number of goals at this very moment on the EK?
32 I think?
coming closer...

32 I think?
coming closer...

If I could have entered I would have gone for 73. Pity about the sexy Italians last night, they played really well, but I think they may struggle to qualify now. I think Sweden and Denmark may settle for a friendly and relaxing Scandinavian draw in the final game - about 3-3 would be useful!

It could be worse fort the Italians they could be England.

Regards,
Simon
[QUOTE]

they were playing great, but again, not enough goals...

But: I believe in the next round for the Italian boys

VIVA ITALIA

I think the number of goals scored with just the final and third / fourth place play off left to play is 76 (see stats below). Realistically that means that the following members are in with a shout of winning the Mystery Prize:

Franco -77
Rozeken - 78
Sam 84

By the way the mystery prize is £20 or 30 Euros to spend on whatever you like in cyberspace. You simply tell me what you want and we'll pay for it and get it shipped to you.

Tournament stats at 02 July 04

Regards,
Simon
What a lucky man !!!

I got it: 77 goals

I suppose I must go to the Bingo's tonight
A provisional congratulations Franco. :D I just wanted to confirm, was there a third / fourth place play off...anyone?

Regards,
Simon
It's true Franco won both competitions. Now what are the chances of that happening?

Personally I think Greece really deserved it, they were a Quality team and Continually Improved throughout the competition.

Anyway Congratulations Franco from all at SDF. We are very happy for you. :D You now have another challenge - what to do with the 75 Euros prize. It's yours to do anything you want with, you can buy something or you can have the cash if you prefer. Have a think and PM me when you decide what you want to do.

For the rest of you thanks for taking part it was fun. We'll have to think of another competition for the Olympics - ideas welcome. Perhaps we should handicap Franco in some way for the next one - again ideas welcome.

Cheers,
Simon
that was close....

nice Franco!

Similar Discussion Topics
Euro 2008 Competition Updates Thread Euro 2008 Competition Euro 2004 Competition Euro 2004 Competition Euro 2004 Competition