What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Test for determining Milk Fat adulteration in the dairy Industry.

Started by , Feb 01 2024 06:50 AM
2 Replies

Dear all

I would like to know the parameters and methods of test that you would prescribe to determine Milk Fat adulteration in dairy Industry.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Validation of Metal Detector Test Piece Sizes What is the correct way to test for microbials? Is it necessary to test compressor for oil, solid particles, microbes? Microbiological Test Standard
[Ad]

Gas chromatography would be my suggestion. Here's a link to an article from Fisher Scientific:

(May be biased to sell their equipment, but test parameters are given)

https://www.thermofi...eese and butter.

1 Thank

If you have access to  rapid milk analysing equipment, eg FOSS FT-1, then they have calibration programs available that can check for adulterants. They have two types of programs, one that shows if adulteration has occurred, or 2nd a calibration program that can indicate the type of adulteration. Note that this is for milk and not specifically the fat component. Do you have concerns for adulteration of milk?

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Validation of Metal Detector Test Piece Sizes What is the correct way to test for microbials? Is it necessary to test compressor for oil, solid particles, microbes? Microbiological Test Standard What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? PAA test strips not matching titration results