What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HARA vs HACCP BRCG Storage and Distribution

Started by , Jan 29 2024 03:19 PM
4 Replies

Hi all,

I am new in Storage and Distribution business and my current experience is from food manufacturing only.

I am confused what hazard analysis type should I use for our sites - HARA or HACCP?

Accross the busness we store fully enclosed, ambient food and pet food products, alkohol and cosmetics. Only additional activity is co-packing according to customer requirements. 

In some occasion we also do a transport of customer food products - we don't have visibility of what is going to be loaded and can't have an impact - whole loading resposibility is on customer, we just do transport from point A to point B.

Am I understadning correcly, that using HARA instead of HACCP will be ok? We do not make any change to product to consider different intended use. Risk of cross-contamination due to packahing nature is minimal if not 0.

Thank you for all answers  :spoton:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HARA Plan for Raw Materials in Food Packaging HARA from offset proces (printing cartonboard) HARA CCP and critical limites BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? HARA vs HACCP
[Ad]

What is the facility co-packing?  And what is the process of that?

Explain your process in detail. IMO opt for HACCP.

Process in warehouse:
Goods intake - pallets put in racking using forklifts - pallet and case pick, pallets loading and delivery

3rd party transport: booking and assigning driver - load collection (customer loading trailer with their stock) - load secure - transport

All ambient, fully enclosed products. No impact on product.
Currently no co-pack on our site, but other sites complete co-pack from one outer packaging to another /mixing sku's

We migrated to a HARA plan when the option was introduced in version 4.

We had always operated under HACCP principles but with no CCP's we made the decision we only require a Hazard and Risk analysis. 

Hope this helps  

Similar Discussion Topics
HARA Plan for Raw Materials in Food Packaging HARA from offset proces (printing cartonboard) HARA CCP and critical limites BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? HARA vs HACCP What is a HARA Plan? BRC 2.2.6: HARA Assessing New Hazards - plastic caps, injection moulding BRC Food Packaging, Issue 6 - 2.2.6: HARA Assessing New Hazards Sainsbury's HARA