• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 27 January 2024 - 04:49 AM

Dear respected members of IFSQN,

At our premise we have dry blending (powders) and bulk repacking type of process.

For the finished goods currently, we labeled the expiry date by following the original respective ingredients from the manufacturer. As for the dry blending (multiple dry ingredients) we will follow the shortest expiry date from one of the multiple ingredients involved.

My question is:

Is this the correct practice to follow?

Are there any other rule I can refer to prolong the shelf life?

Any form of reference is greatly appreciated.

EagleEye

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 111 posts
  • 30 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 January 2024 - 07:55 AM

Hi Razahid 95,

I think you should make a shelf-life study on your blend type products. We cannot assume the shelf-life provision of the shortest expiring ingredient would make the whole product's shelf life the same. That would be depend on many different factors like the whole character of the product and like many other.

Thanked by 1 Member:

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 729 posts
  • 197 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 January 2024 - 05:23 PM

I agree that a shelf-life study is needed.  Your ingredient's shelf-life is compromised as soon as you open the product and run it through any equipment or process, and even that doesn't account for how the mixed ingredients react with each other.

Thanked by 1 Member:

razahid95

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 02 February 2024 - 09:22 AM

Hi Razahid 95,

I think you should make a shelf-life study on your blend type products. We cannot assume the shelf-life provision of the shortest expiring ingredient would make the whole product's shelf life the same. That would be depend on many different factors like the whole character of the product and like many other.

Thank you sir, what about repacked products (without blending)? Can it follow the original expiry date?

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users