What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Listing Ingredients from multiple vendors

Started by , Jan 18 2024 09:03 PM
5 Replies

Good afternoon everyone!

I am new to this forum, even though have used these resources in the past.

I am trying to determine how to list "optional" ingredients on the label. 

I mean if I have the same ingredient from multiple vendors - sub ingredients could vary.

Do I just list them as "and/or"?

TIA!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Water in Ingredient Listing Job Listing Subscription Service Link Only Listing Organic Ingredients in the Ingredient Panel - No Organic Status Client Unable to Provide Full Ingredient Listing - 3pl NC for not listing our legal counsel and expert contacts
[Ad]

What is acceptable for labeling can vary by the type of product and which regulations apply.  What kind of product do you make?

1 Like

A clear example of one product ingredient will ease to give an opinion. Kindly share the existing label details.

I am referring to an ice cream / bakery items. 

For example, an emulsifier I am using from one vendor contains sunflower lecithin, but emulsifier I am using from another vendor contains soy lecithin.

I was wondering if I can indicate it on the ingredient statemen as sunflower and / or soy lecithin (and include soy in the allergen statement).

I am referring to an ice cream / bakery items. 

For example, an emulsifier I am using from one vendor contains sunflower lecithin, but emulsifier I am using from another vendor contains soy lecithin.

I was wondering if I can indicate it on the ingredient statemen as sunflower and / or soy lecithin (and include soy in the allergen statement).

I'd personally list them separately, they're different things.   

I have, in the past, combined like sub-ingredients of raw materials.   So say two raw ingredients contained nonfat milk, you can add it together and list it once in descending order.    Nowadays I don't even do that though.   I've found sometimes I need to make a change and it muddies up the waters if you will, as I don't recall what I did in the past, etc.

But it's possible to get pretty creative with ing statements to hide certain things if one so chooses...

2 Likes1 Thank

You mean just list one emulsifier with all sub-ingredients after another, this way covering both possibilities from various suppliers?

Similar Discussion Topics
Water in Ingredient Listing Job Listing Subscription Service Link Only Listing Organic Ingredients in the Ingredient Panel - No Organic Status Client Unable to Provide Full Ingredient Listing - 3pl NC for not listing our legal counsel and expert contacts Requirements for listing ingredients for EU and US Listing component ingredients in component ingredients. BRC Clause 5.2.1.2 - How far its mandatory to go for Allergen listing