What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pet Food storage and distribution

Started by , Dec 22 2023 03:06 PM
1 Reply

All,

I have recently taken a role within a Fulfilment Business who supports a number of clients in the storage and distribution of dry and wet packaged pet foods. I would like to elevate the business in terms of BRC compliance but need a steer from anyone who has taken a business from zero to gold standard, in terms of those steps I can immediately take and those that require external support. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories UK verification /tests on importend food SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from Chine Storage temperature of pasteurized milk
[Ad]

Ive built several programs from the ground up.   

1.  Obtain the BRCGS standard.  

2.  Clause by clause, compare what you currently have in place to the standard.  

3.  Where you gave gaps or there is nothing in place.   Create those policies and procedures that are needed.    

4.  If there are certain areas that you don't understand you can certainly seek expert support.  

5.  Another option would be to purchase a template  package like the one that IFSQN sells.  At the very least it will save you in typing and creation time.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories UK verification /tests on importend food SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from Chine Storage temperature of pasteurized milk Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging Food Fraud Assessment cooler storage temperature failure Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement