What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Quality Code 2.8.1.2

Started by , Dec 01 2023 05:27 PM

shield/logo is acceptable to cover this.

As a side note - SQF used to have LEVELS, wtih the +Quality being Level 3. One can not go directly to the +Qualty designation, need to go first to getting SQF certified, then get about a year under your belt of working toward Quality and request upgrading via your CB prior to your next audit.  

2 Replies

Hello,

My company is looking to jump from no GFSI scheme to SQF lvl 3. I am very familiar with the requirements of the food safety module, but I am new to the quality code.

One question I have so far is in relation to 2.8.1.2 of the quality code:

Identification shall include a statement of the product’s identity preserved status of all ingredients, including additives, preservatives, processing aids, and flavorings.

All of our products are certified as Kosher and carry the logo of the certifying body to communicate as such to our consumers. Is this considered a sufficient "statement" for this element, or would we need to modify our label to also include a statement affirming the product and all its inputs are Kosher?

Thank you for any clarification you can provide.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Quality Manager/Operations Manager Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Supplier Quality SOP - Requirement for communication timeframe
[Ad]

shield/logo is acceptable to cover this.

As a side note - SQF used to have LEVELS, wtih the +Quality being Level 3. One can not go directly to the +Qualty designation, need to go first to getting SQF certified, then get about a year under your belt of working toward Quality and request upgrading via your CB prior to your next audit.  

2 Likes
Thank you for the clarification! It's very much appreciated.

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Quality Manager/Operations Manager Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Supplier Quality SOP - Requirement for communication timeframe Food Safety and Quality Culture Presentation Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? How to become a Food Quality Assurance Manager or an Food Quality Auditor? European Standards for Food: Ensuring Safety and Quality Harmonised Standards and Food Safety: Ensuring Quality and Compliance