What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Re-Certification Process?

Started by , Nov 14 2023 05:55 PM
6 Replies

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for my ignorance but how do we go about scheduling for SQF re-certification? I see on SQFI's website they changed their audit registration process (https://www.sqfi.com...ssment-database). Is the form provided only for initial certification or re-certifications as well? I was also on Repositrak but I do not see where I can request an audit which was what I did for our initial certification. Should I be waiting for my certification body to contact me to schedule an audit? I contacted my cert body but have not gotten a response yet. 

Thank you! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC 22000 V6 Risk-based change management process Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? How has GFSI certification impacted your company’s business? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan
[Ad]

I would contact the CB and await a response.  If it has been past a week, reach out to them again.

1 Thank

I nearly missed scheduling our audit this year because I was waiting for a response from ReposiTrak! If you CB doesn't use ReposiTrak any more, you'll have to contact their scheduling department directly and work it out with them. We use Intertek / SAI Global for our SQF audits. I can give you the direct contact information for their scheduler if you use them too.

Hi Hoosiersmoker, 

How was your experience when dealing with SAI audit? We are looking for getting our HACCP audit from them. Are their certification well acknowledged in the US and Canada?

Thanks

I nearly missed scheduling our audit this year because I was waiting for a response from ReposiTrak! If you CB doesn't use ReposiTrak any more, you'll have to contact their scheduling department directly and work it out with them. We use Intertek / SAI Global for our SQF audits. I can give you the direct contact information for their scheduler if you use them too.

Hi Hoosiersmoker, 

How was your experience when dealing with SAI audit? We are looking for getting our HACCP audit from them. Are their certification well acknowledged in the US and Canada?

Thanks

We've used them in some form for nearly 17 years. We started with just a GMP audit when they were Steritech then again when we went for our full SQF certification. We've been very happy with them, and from what I understand their Costco audits are now accepted in Canada. I think for a while they were not. We have had a couple auditors that were quite unrealistic for packaging manufacturing and tried to hold us to full blown food manufacturing levels that were not covered in the actual code we are under. We were able to contest those successfully and kindly request those auditors not return, but that was more auditor issues, not Intertek / SAI Global issues.

Thank you! Could you please send me the contact information? We're currently in the process of selecting a certification body for our company, either SGS or SAI. Do you have any feedback on working with SAI? Thanks so much!

Thank you! Could you please send me the contact information? We're currently in the process of selecting a certification body for our company, either SGS or SAI. Do you have any feedback on working with SAI? Thanks so much!

You will need to contact Alysha Wierenga - Scheduling Coordinator alysha.wierenga@intertek.com

I have had good experiences with them. They are responsive and since the changes in ownership I think there have been many improvements. I think it was less than a week between our audit response / corrective actions and the issuance of our certificate.

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC 22000 V6 Risk-based change management process Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Is Our Non-Dairy Sweet Sauce Process Adequately Safe for Scaling Up Without Hot Filling? How has GFSI certification impacted your company’s business? Guidance on Number of Actionable Process Steps for FDA-Compliant Food Defense Plan How Does FSSC 22000 Address Trade Products in Its Certification Scope? VACCP assestment for process and raw material Process Narrative for Dietary Supplement Manufacturer The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification Cleaning Process and Chemicals