What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety and Quality Certification required for Farms?

Started by , Oct 23 2023 11:27 PM

Good call getting the actual audit.  Farm audits are weird:  not all of them require non-conformities to be corrected, some rate things that I'd call major to be only a minor, etc.  It's always good to take a look at the full report if they'll let you.

3 Replies

Hi all,

I have a quick inquiry regarding required certification for approved suppliers. We have one supplier - a small "mom and pop" farm who supplies citrus fruit to us but they are not HACCP certified. However, they are certified organic - would this be sufficient for a HACCP audit approved supplier program?

Their product is very low risk to us because we add a very small amount of their product into ours and we produce high alcohol level beverages. (It does through a distilling process)

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories UK verification /tests on importend food SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from Chine
[Ad]

Hi ptjong1983,

:welcome:

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

For a small farm supplying small volumes of low risk fruit, I would accept the organic certification as that should include food safety aspects and would cover a major concern in produce regarding any residual chemicals including pesticides etc.

Ask if they are prepared to supply their audit report as well as their certificate.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome and such a prompt reply!

We have a record of their certificate but I now will request their audit report!  ^_^

Thanks again and have a great one!

Cheers,

Patricia 

Good call getting the actual audit.  Farm audits are weird:  not all of them require non-conformities to be corrected, some rate things that I'd call major to be only a minor, etc.  It's always good to take a look at the full report if they'll let you.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Top non-conformances among all IFS audited food factories UK verification /tests on importend food SQF 9 Food Manufacturing – Module 11 clarification No food from Chine Environmental Monitoring in Food Packaging Food Fraud Assessment Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Examples for Food Safety & Quality Culture as per FSSC 22000 V6 requirement Food Defense