What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

United States Heavy Metal limits in Food

Started by , Oct 18 2023 02:31 PM
2 Replies

Hello, IFSQN

Is there a requirement for heavy metal limits in food for the United States?

I know there is heavy metal limits for water, but what about ready to eat food?

Here is an article that I found about heavy metals in the U.S.:

https://fsns.com/why...ng water: 5 ppb

thank you,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Warehouse Food Safety Certification in the United Kingdom? Shipping food products containing meat and poultry to the United States Exporting from United States to Canada Allergen Declarations What certifications are required to export roasted coffee into the United States?
[Ad]

Check out this article

https://fsns.com/why...ial-for-safety/

1 Thank

Hello, IFSQN

Is there a requirement for heavy metal limits in food for the United States?

I know there is heavy metal limits for water, but what about ready to eat food?

Not for most foods at the federal level.  Some exceptions like baby food, or dietary supplement/replacements.

CA has state regs, and a few others probably copy them.

2 Likes1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Warehouse Food Safety Certification in the United Kingdom? Shipping food products containing meat and poultry to the United States Exporting from United States to Canada Allergen Declarations What certifications are required to export roasted coffee into the United States? Pesticide Tolerance Levels - United States Microbiological standard in food by FDA/ United States PHO law in the United States of America Aseptic apple puree in the United States Products produced in the United States with Canadian Allergens