What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How do you determine parameters and what type of testing needs to be completed by a lab for your finished product?

Started by , Oct 03 2023 08:38 PM
2 Replies

Hi all,

Currently trying to see if I can make changes to an already existing testing schedule for pathogens. RTE frozen product that needs to be fried again at 375 F for 5 mins before consumption.

TPC testing for a final product is this necessary? what does it actually mean if you have a high result. 

What other pathogens should I be testing for regularly. 

information: product has milk and cheese in it which have COA before being shipped to me at low counts. 

I got back a sample that was at a TPC of 11k 

thanks for your input.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Quat Sanitizer Testing Analytical Testing - Frozen Snack Items (Samosas, Rolls) Leak over finished product Extended Producer Responsibility laws (EPR Laws) related to product packaging and, depending on the state, certain paper and food service ware product APC limit in HPP finished juice & Spore specification in finished HPP juice
[Ad]

Hi,

Total plate count will not give you an idea of whether the product is safe or not 

I would test for pathogens such as E.coli and listeria.

I would continue with TPC, in order to get a base line.

An outlayer could mean indirect contamination (not necessarily from pathogens) on the production day - especially if you have COA on all raw material.

TPC is not really an expensive analysis anyway.

Just to clarrify; i would spread the sampling from start of the line to the end of the line. could be like this:

Day A: sample from the start of the line

Day B: sample from the middle of the line

Day C: sample from the end of the line.

reapeat..

Similar Discussion Topics
Quat Sanitizer Testing Analytical Testing - Frozen Snack Items (Samosas, Rolls) Leak over finished product Extended Producer Responsibility laws (EPR Laws) related to product packaging and, depending on the state, certain paper and food service ware product APC limit in HPP finished juice & Spore specification in finished HPP juice Compressed Air Testing for Non-Food Contact Testing Plan Risk Assessment In-house Pathogen Testing Environmental testing plan - listeria & TVC Honey in product does it require label warning for infants?