Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 September 2023 - 01:41 PM

Hello! I'm looking into how we can meet the requirement for this measurement of uncertainty within the internal lab. This falls under clause 5.6.2 of Issue 9. Has someone undergone their audit under Issue 9, who could explain this a little better? Are we being asked to provide calculated "proof" for measurement of uncertainty on each testing method/procedure undergone within the facility?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

PrplomSolved

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 2 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 September 2023 - 06:58 PM

Hello! I'm looking into how we can meet the requirement for this measurement of uncertainty within the internal lab. This falls under clause 5.6.2 of Issue 9. Has someone undergone their audit under Issue 9, who could explain this a little better? Are we being asked to provide calculated "proof" for measurement of uncertainty on each testing method/procedure undergone within the facility?

We struggled with MU prior to our initial ISO 17025 audit... As far as I'm aware (ISO std), all accredited processes or methods on your scope should be a part of your 4-year proficiency testing plan or ran under MU. MU requires as many differences between 2 techs as you could possibly use (different media batches, pipettes, incubators, etc (Aiming for a minimum of 4-5 differences)) and gather a minimum of 20 data points per year per testing capability under your accredited scope (that cannot already be verified with a PT program). PT programs are normally more qualitative whereas quantitative testing would be easier through a side by side comparison.

To give an example, we have capabilities for poultry testing on Hygenia BAX's machine. They have a validated Salmonella Quantification that we gather MU data for by doing side-by-side testing chicken breast bought from the grocery store. We then follow the protocol listed under our scope and in our SOP's, just utilizing different media batches, different pipettes, (same samples just split into 2 parts), different techs, different incubators, and different kit lots. If the sample is verbatim the same, your results, regardless of the media batches, equipment, etc. should be within a decent confidence interval. There are calculators online for MU and determining your confidence intervals. 

Austin N.

Principal Laboratory Technician 

AEMTEK Athens

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5669 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 September 2023 - 03:18 AM

Hi audrey,

No direct audit interaction but  I (hopefully) doubt that BRC are expecting the impressive degree of elaboration detailed in Post 2 unless iso17025 is specifically relevant to yr OP.

I note this was a  new addition for BRC9.Tthe addition also includes the words "where applicable". (Typical BRC Mystery Tour).

Maybe see -

https://www.ifsqn.co...nt/#entry192932

What does the BRC9 Interp, Guide say ? (if anything)

If you wish to know some more basics about MOU -

https://www.campdenb...measurement.php

Attached File  Campden, uncertainty-of-measurement.pdf   661.7KB   31 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users