What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 11.8.1.6 Waste Disposal

Started by , Jul 25 2023 11:48 PM
3 Replies

Hello, 

I need help with the above section of SQF.

This is the item: "Where applicable, a documented procedure shall be in place for the controlled disposal of trademarked materials waste considered high-risk for handling or other reasons. Where a contracted disposal service is used, the disposal process shall be reviewed regularly to confirm compliance."

We dispose of product in contracted disposal bins from a waste company that get picked up on a weekly basis and I do not know how they manage that. Would I need to get in contact with them and ask for their disposal methods? And how would we review their disposal process???

How do you guys comply with this section?

TYIA.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
GMP Waste Management How can a food loss and waste policy be included within a food safety and quality policy? Food loss and waste policy Food loss and waste procedure Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety
[Ad]
We have a procedure that simply states that we deface any trademarked material/ contract packaging material, etc prior to disposal.

Basically items are spray painted red and black or grinded to render the materials unidentifiable.
1 Thank

We have a procedure that simply states that we deface any trademarked material/ contract packaging material, etc prior to disposal.

Basically items are spray painted red and black or grinded to render the materials unidentifiable.

Hi! that actually sounds very simple. I overthink and over complicate things sometimes lol.

Thank you!

Yep!  Internal destruction/defacing of labels and packaging is one of the easiest ways to get around this.  Otherwise you end up having to have the waste company give you programs and verifications, and they might not be great at that.  Because SQF is heavy on documentation though, you'll want to create a form or add some checkboxes to your existing production forms to show that the label destruction occurred for each batch.

Similar Discussion Topics
GMP Waste Management How can a food loss and waste policy be included within a food safety and quality policy? Food loss and waste policy Food loss and waste procedure Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety HACCP Flow Waste SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Food Loss and Waste